Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2018, 01:48 AM   #61
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Our Thor Outlaw 29H class C overflowed the FW tank while on a city connection our first time using that mode.
I have read this entire thread, the first time this evening, and it sounds so informative, that I am going to investigate ours tomorrow.

Right now it is winterized, so I will just be seeing what is there, and not running water at this time.

However may I ask, are you supposed to always switch a valve, of some kind, be it a four way, or just the FW bypass for winterizing, when you run on a city water hook up?

I always install the pressure regulator in line first on the outside connection of the coach.

At the moment, we are 6 months newbies, to the motor coach from never before.
Typically there are no valves to open/close when switching from internal to city water and back. (Some of the larger motorhomes and 5er's do have a valve panel but I don't think the Outlaw's have that.)

It is also a good idea to put the pressure regulator at the spigot side of the hose instead of the coach side to protect the hose. In addition, if you have an instant/tankless water heater you may want to set your regulator (if it is settable) to 55 psi.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:14 AM   #62

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
Faulty system ... you should not have to switch anything
Old 12-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #63

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley-Dilley View Post
I’ve had this happen a few times on my 2017 Miramar. I always use a pressure regulator so that isn’t it. I haven’t checked for debris but I will in the future if it happens again. I’ve normally shut the City water supply off and ran off the pump to get the water level in the tank down. I wasn’t aware of the of the debris issue in the past. I was thinking that it might have been a problem with seals in the control valve where you switch between Normal and City Fixtures, Maybe not.[emoji848]
I had a similar situation with my 2016 Miramar. I rotated the Kant Leak valve back and forth a few times and it solved my problem. I rarely fill my fresh water tank from that inlet (always use the other side gravity fill, much faster) so I really don't need to rotate it often, but I had used the fill inlet. The next time I hooked to city water and rotated the valve, it overfilled my fresh tank. I believe some debris caused it to seep into the tank. Rotating the valve back and forth cleared the obstruction. I haven't had any problem with this for the last year and a half.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #64

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Ontario
THOR #9645
FW tank overflow

I Had the same thing happened over 6 times The dealer is replacing the pump this week under warranty. The check valves are not holding also had issue with the check valve on the output of the pump it open fully therefore the pump would not reach the pressure setting to shut down. ON our Four Winds 24F there are no valve to manipulate the check valve are stopping the water from entering the FW tank when hook up on city/campground water system.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #65

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #12091
I’m pretty sure mine is due to the “O” rings in the 4 position Anderson Valve at the inlet panel. Apparently you’re not supposed to turn that valve while there is incoming water pressure. I’ve looked at the replacement modules for that valve and they look like you could have some blow by if the “O” rings get dislodged. On the good side it is intermittent. I think if you rotate the dial on the valve past the setting you want it on then back it may help keep the “O”rings seated.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:46 PM   #66
Max

State: Florida
THOR #6984
Hi, this is Max again. We still haven't resolved the issue. We're just took it out for first time in months. We're just using the water pump. However it is still making cycling noise when we turn it on. Even when the water isn't on. I've tried cleaning the strainer. I've turned the faucets on to try and get air out of them, it doesn't work. Help!!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #67

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi, this is Max again. We still haven't resolved the issue. We're just took it out for first time in months. We're just using the water pump. However it is still making cycling noise when we turn it on. Even when the water isn't on. I've tried cleaning the strainer. I've turned the faucets on to try and get air out of them, it doesn't work. Help!!
When you say, you're still having the problem, do you mean water flowing into your fresh water tank or the cycling of the water pump?

If you're talking about the pump cycling that can be caused by many things, all of which involve the pump loosing pressure. If it is just the cycling issue I would check to make sure all the low point water drains are fully closed. If they are not closed completely that could cause your pressure to drop and pump to cycle. It doesn't take much of a leak to cause that to happen.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:32 AM   #68

Brand: DRV
Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #12121
The Kantleak water panel is notorious for leaks. Just ask anyone on the DRV forum. We bought our unit new in April 2018 and we are on our 3rd water panel. There is a new all brass water panel due to come out soon, they are taking pre-orders, but all in all, the damned things do leak and tend to add water to the fresh tank when it shouldn't. Been there.

Joe
Distinguished Rifle #1506
NRA Highmaster
jpjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:13 AM   #69
Max

THOR #6984
Oh boy. How do you know if there is a leak in the water panel? Getting water pump checked tomorrow. I was hoping that was the problem.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:25 AM   #70

Model: Chateau 31L
State: California
THOR #2917
Noticed water dripping from underneath my 2016 Chateau 31L this afternoon. I shut off the city water and removed inside access panel above where the water was draining out.
Inside is the fresh water tank and water pump.
First thing I noticed was that the water tank was full. It was empty when we started the trip.
Second thing I noticed was there was a large amount of water pooled on the deck below the water pump.
Third thing I noticed was that the pan below the water tank had about a quarter inch of water in it.
After reading all of the comments here I took the easiest step and checked the water pump filter. It was clogged with plastic debris. See the attached picture.
After that I dried everything as much as I could and ran the pump for a couple of minutes. No leaks.
I marked the water level on the side of the tank. Used a green Bingo pen that hadn't been used for awhile so it ran down the side of the tank.
I turned off the water pump and turned the city water back on. Ran water through the sink faucet for a minute or so. No leaks.
After an hour the water level has not changed, the deck is dry and the pan is dry.

Thank you everyone on this thread. Your comments helped solve the problem.
Dave
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_183849.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	18019Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_183941.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	18020
dlbeck27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #71

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
Check valve at pump not closing which allows water to back feed into fresh water tank. If you clean it out or change it, it will eventually happen again most likely.

Here's your forever fix. Put a shutoff valve in the line between the tank and the pump.

Keep valve closed when using city water, open to use fresh water tank when not hooked up to city water.

Will cost you $20 or less for fittings and a shutoff valve. Done

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #72
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
After four more Months: I wonder if they've found the solution yet?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote