Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 AM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanic View Post
I had to make sure my water pump was turned off before I turned on city water
Why? You can use both at the same time. Especially to increase flow/pressure when the city pressure is low.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:38 AM   #42
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
Before I had a regulator and once in a while I still do this even with a regulator,,,, I don't turn the city or park water on all the way,, start at maybe 1/2 or a bit more, then go inside and turn a faucet on ,, if I have good pressure I leave it if not I go back it and turn it on another 1/2 turn or so,, you get the picture.
Ummm, all you are doing is restricting water flow when you don't open the valve fully. It doesn't change static water pressure applied to your coach.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:51 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2465
2016 Thor Miramar had the same problem. It was the four way valve. Called the manufacturer and did some trouble shooting with the tech (NO GO) and they sent me a new valve at no cost. It is a very easy repair (watch their youtube video) Problem solve. Great customer service!
Old 11-04-2018, 02:25 AM   #44

State: Alabama
THOR #12091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Ummm, all you are doing is restricting water flow when you don't open the valve fully. It doesn't change static water pressure applied to your coach.

Exactly!
Old 11-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #45

THOR #5463
I had this problem several times. In my research, it only takes a little sand or grit to keep the check valve from closing completely. This allows water from the city connection to leak into the tank eventually leading to an overflow. I have a Sureflo pump and the check valve is built into the pump. I simply got a check valve 1/2 inch from Amazon...didn't even have to cut a line and just add an elbow connector and added an external check valve and no more problems. Having a second check valve has not caused me any problems. It's a lot cheaper than replacing the pump or rebuilding the internal check valve. Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #46

Model: Hurricane 31s
State: California
THOR #4758
Happened to us once.. 2015 Hurricane 31s. Then not since. great to see the thread that it is a common issue and easily fixed.. buy turning water off running pump and back on again!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #47

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
We had same problem with our new 2017 31-foot Quantum. Dealer had to effect repair. As I recall, it involved either a cracked pipe or a failed component that had to be replaced.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:25 AM   #48

State: Missouri
THOR #6472
Fresh water tank overflowing

I had the same problem with my thor Miramar, it was the Anderson four way water valve, it let the outside water to bypass and fill the fresh water tank.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #49

THOR #12091
When ii'm hooked to outside water the fresh water tank is overflowing

Does anyone know if the Anderson Valve can be rebuilt? or, does it need to be replaced?
Old 11-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #50

State: Missouri
THOR #6472
Fresh water tank overflowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley-Dilley View Post
Does anyone know if the Anderson Valve can be rebuilt? or, does it need to be replaced?
You can order a new cartridge from Anderson, pretty simple to replace, watch youtube video.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:54 AM   #51

THOR #12091
Thanks!
Old 11-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #52

Model: Palazzo
THOR #7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermy View Post
Steve in addition to what you just said I was told to take the pressure off the valve e.g shut water tap off momentarily open kitchen or any tap to relieve pressure then change the direction of the valve as you explained.
A bit of a pain in the butt to keep from having issues.
You are absolutely correct. I forgot that part.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #53

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
THOR #13214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley-Dilley View Post
Yes this is similar to what I’ve experienced. I always move the valve between City Fixtures and the other settings when I do my initial setup. This seems to work to prevent the leakage to the fresh water tank. For those that don’t have an Anderson Valve and don’t know what we’re talking about, they are a four position valve. The four modes on the valve are: Normal (Tank Supply), City Fixtures, Tank Fill and Winterize. It would seem to me that if the tank overflows tank while in City Fixtures Mode that there is likely a slow leak with the Tank Fill Mode.
Glad you explained that. Don't have a Anderson valve and didn't know what you were talking about,,, thanks
Old 11-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #54

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Well, I just had this problem yesterday with my FW tank filling while hooked to city water. Opened up my 24F door yesterday morning and the FW overflow and fill cap were dripping water. When I poked under the sink I could hear water running so I thought the check valve was stuck open. I turned off city water and turned the pump on to clear debris and when I did the pump cycled when turned off and water was still running. Had the pump cycling happen before - it was a cracked strainer on the FW inlet to the pump. I removed the strainer and now everything is fine. The strainer was letting air in and not getting to shutoff pressure.
When on city water it created a lower pressure allowing the check valve to stay partially open. I’ve had 2 strainers go bad in 2 years. Time to do some plumbing and put a filter in.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #55

State: Virginia
THOR #12423
Water pump

Does anyone have any idea where the water pump is located in a 2016 Thor fourwinds class A motorhome ? We have looked every where under the sink in the bathroom which is where it's sounds like it comes from , the outside kitchen ! Cause we didn't want to put the antifreeze in holding tank for winter , it takes forever to get smell n taste out in spring .
Old 12-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #56

State: Virginia
THOR #12423
Water pump

Does anyone know where water pump is located in a 2016 Thor windsport class A motor home ? We have looked everywhere under sink in bathroom , in cabinets in outside kitchen ,in outside compartments ! Because we wanted to bypass the water tank cause it takes forever to get taste n smell of antifreeze out in spring.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #57
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibsheeba View Post
Does anyone know where water pump is located in a 2016 Thor windsport class A motor home ? We have looked everywhere under sink in bathroom , in cabinets in outside kitchen ,in outside compartments ! Because we wanted to bypass the water tank cause it takes forever to get taste n smell of antifreeze out in spring.
Which floorplan?

An easy thing to do is turn it on and while its running listen for it you should be able to narrow down its location by the sound. It is often sitting next to the water tank behind a removable panel (look for a panel with screws on it--screws mean its removable; staples means it isn't).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #58

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
THOR #13214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Which floorplan?

An easy thing to do is turn it on and while its running listen for it you should be able to narrow down its location by the sound. It is often sitting next to the water tank behind a removable panel (look for a panel with screws on it--screws mean its removable; staples means it isn't).
The one I had there was a pane that could be removed in the bellyl
Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #59

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibsheeba View Post
Mine is under the rear cushion of the dinette table. I have a 2018 windsport.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #60

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Our Thor Outlaw 29H class C overflowed the FW tank while on a city connection our first time using that mode.
I have read this entire thread, the first time this evening, and it sounds so informative, that I am going to investigate ours tomorrow.

Right now it is winterized, so I will just be seeing what is there, and not running water at this time.

However may I ask, are you supposed to always switch a valve, of some kind, be it a four way, or just the FW bypass for winterizing, when you run on a city water hook up?

I always install the pressure regulator in line first on the outside connection of the coach.

At the moment, we are 6 months newbies, to the motor coach from never before.