Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #10503
House Battery Voltage

I have a 2018 Hurricane 29m and I want to buy a Flow-Rite Qwik Fill kit to keep my house batteries full. I guess I assumed my 2 house batteries were 12 volt plus I am almost positive I've seen other posts saying their house batteries were 12 volt but when reading my owners manual (which are for other models also) it says- "Auxiliary batteries (house batteries) for motorhomes are dual auxiliary 6 Volt batteries to provide living area power requirements." My MH is currently in storage so I'm just trying to get everything ready for spring. Can another 29m owner verify the correct battery voltage.

Scott

Good Sam Member
North-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by North-Star View Post
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29m and I want to buy a Flow-Rite Qwik Fill kit to keep my house batteries full. I guess I assumed my 2 house batteries were 12 volt plus I am almost positive I've seen other posts saying their house batteries were 12 volt but when reading my owners manual (which are for other models also) it says- "Auxiliary batteries (house batteries) for motorhomes are dual auxiliary 6 Volt batteries to provide living area power requirements." My MH is currently in storage so I'm just trying to get everything ready for spring. Can another 29m owner verify the correct battery voltage.

Scott
Even if another 29m owner verifies his/her voltage it may not match yours. Thor seems to have a "build it with what is at hand" mentality. If, when yours was going down the line, some 6Vs happen to be handy you'll have 6Vs, if 12Vs were handy then you have 12Vs. Sorry to say it but your best bet is to take a voltmeter with you to your storage lot.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:37 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #10503
I was afraid that would be the answer. I'll wait until next time I'm up there.

Thanks Jamie!
Good Sam Member
North-Star is offline   Reply With Quote