Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #3257
Jack Leveler Error Message

We have a brand new 2015 Super C Thor Chateau. When we start the engine we get a beep and error message at the jack leveler control panel asking us to acknowledge the error. Thor says this is happening because as we start the engine for a nano second the control panel loses communication to the leveler control panel causing the error. They have told us we need to add an 87A relay at the module. Our local RV Thor dealer will not give us an appointment to fix this as we bought our rig out of state (that is a whole other issue I have with Thor and their dealership). Has anyone had this problem and fixed it themselves. The Thor tech says it is easy but we are concerned if we do it wrong it will void some portion of our warrantly and then have to pay to get it fixed if we mess it up. I have attached the file they provided to do the fix.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
I have a 2015 Hurricane 27K and I get a leveler error every time I start the engine. I have to turn it off for it to stop, but I think mine says low voltage.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:48 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
The error message is quite common, especially if the unit has been sitting for awhile. When you hear it beep, just go back to the control panel and press the Retract and Enter button at the same time, this will reset the system and it will operate normally. Just turn the panel off and you're ready to go.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:57 PM   #4

THOR #3257
Thank Bill but our rig was brand new, fully charged when we left the dealership in Texas to drive home to Utah. After we did our first fuel stop and started the ignition the beeping started and it is an error message at the panel that has to be cleared. This now occurs everytime we start the motorhome. I will try your suggestion of hitting the retract/enter at the same time and see if that permanently stops the issue. Right now we have only be hitting the enter button to acknowledge the error. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:34 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
As your coach is new, are you sure you don't have a jack that is slightly down? That is also what the error message is telling you. Also, your retract pressure switch could be inoperative. I would get it checked out, make an appointment and when it happens tell them the story and hope they get it right. I wouldn't worry about using it until that appointment happens, you will just have to reset more than you care too.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #6

THOR #3257
We have checked to make sure all the jacks are up and they appear to be but on the error panel the left front flashes red when we get the error message. Maybe it is not up all the way by a very small amount. I'll check this again, thanks for your input.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:03 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #4614
I have same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenov View Post
We have a brand new 2015 Super C Thor Chateau. When we start the engine we get a beep and error message at the jack leveler control panel asking us to acknowledge the error. Thor says this is happening because as we start the engine for a nano second the control panel loses communication to the leveler control panel causing the error. They have told us we need to add an 87A relay at the module. Our local RV Thor dealer will not give us an appointment to fix this as we bought our rig out of state (that is a whole other issue I have with Thor and their dealership). Has anyone had this problem and fixed it themselves. The Thor tech says it is easy but we are concerned if we do it wrong it will void some portion of our warrantly and then have to pay to get it fixed if we mess it up. I have attached the file they provided to do the fix.
Can you provide details if the part needed. It looks like I need one too. Not surprising. Thor Motor Coaches are one large pice of crap. For $100,000+ you would expect better.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #8

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
We have a new Super C also....if you do a search here on the forum under "locked out" it is exactly about what you guys are talking about!
In a nutshell,the "push the buttons in sequence" advice from the owners manual is crap! Here is what we did ourselves and there have been no issues...
1) your "use" button must be on while you drive to charge things up!
2) park somewhere pretty level....turn off your engine
3) go to steps and lift cover where bterries are...there is a goofy 50amp switch there yellow and red...make sure it is not tripped..the yellow must be in
4) go to where your lippert slide control is ours is on drivers side storage bay....in the dark area abive the slide control is the cintroller for the jacks....unplug that white pin head to reset the controller.......but, also check that with a voltmeter if you have one to make sure it is getting battery power to it....ours was so
5) plug the pins back in...it must be seated firmly cuz it seems they get loose during some travel

Now go start your engine but leave the break off for the moment....go to jack panel and turn on......it should be clear....go to inverter,turn on and see if your battery is about 12.7....if not you have an issue
Go put your parking break om....go to jack panel and do MANUAL jack lowering and retracting cuz that auto level stuff is crazy! We bout a tiny level that we sit on the kitchen counter....
We have had NO ISSUES since! Hope this helps...it took us a whole weekend of research and looking at the lippert component drawings to figure out that the controller was confused!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #4614
Like I said for our one giant piece of crap. With all the problems that the levellers have had you would think the company would have a solution. But like with most companies they have determined that it's going to cost them money so they play dumb. If you're considering buying a Thor reconsider. Spend a few more dollars and get something that's worth a crap.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #10

THOR #3257
Diagram for Lift Fix

Attached is the diagram for fixing the error message we were receiving per my first post. We had this done at the dealer but it is a pretty easy fix if you have a bit of electrical experience. This completely fixed our problem with the lift error message. The 87A pigtail relay allows the system to maintain connection when you turn on the ignition so it eliminates the error message
Old 07-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #11

THOR #3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadedmacdaddy View Post
Can you provide details if the part needed. It looks like I need one too. Not surprising. Thor Motor Coaches are one large pice of crap. For $100,000+ you would expect better.
See my post with the diagram for the fix.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #12

THOR #3257
See my post with the diagram attached that Thor provided. It worked perfectly. Thor customer tech service will walk you through it if you want to do it yourself.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #13

Model: 2016 Hurricane 32N
State: Illinois
THOR #2257
No Diagram Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenov View Post
Attached is the diagram for fixing the error message we were receiving per my first post. We had this done at the dealer but it is a pretty easy fix if you have a bit of electrical experience. This completely fixed our problem with the lift error message. The 87A pigtail relay allows the system to maintain connection when you turn on the ignition so it eliminates the error message
I do not see any attachment to your message. Maybe it did not come through?
Old 07-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #14

THOR #3257
Leveler Fix

Here is a diagram of the fix Thor provided that requires an 87A pigtail relay
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thor lift fix.pdf (10.4 KB, 254 views)
Old 07-08-2016, 02:30 AM   #15

Model: 2016 Hurricane 32N
State: Illinois
THOR #2257
Thanks! Looks like an easy wiring fix!