Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2016, 12:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Class C
State: Texas
THOR #3724
HWH leveling system

I have a HWH leveling system on my coach. It's not automatic but it has a control panel that lets you control it. There is a light on the dash that lets you know when the jacks are down. It's very helpful. The problem I have is that it won't go out. The jacks are retracted and we drove home about 50 miles with the light on. Any ideas on how to turn it off. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidad View Post
I have a HWH leveling system on my coach. It's not automatic but it has a control panel that lets you control it. There is a light on the dash that lets you know when the jacks are down. It's very helpful. The problem I have is that it won't go out. The jacks are retracted and we drove home about 50 miles with the light on. Any ideas on how to turn it off. Thanks.
It's possible a sensor may indicate a jack isn't fully retracted or a sensor is bad. You may need to contact HWH for specific help. You could try the manual operation to retract too.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:05 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
My jacks are automatic, and my last coach were automatic, too. The folks at HWH were very helpful when I called them with questions.

Before you do that, it's a good idea to check the sensors. Some penetrating oil on all of them might be a cheap fix.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:42 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Jolly Rodgers,

Do you have a leveling system? If so, what is the maximum height you can raise the front or rear of your Axis?

Phil
Old 03-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
My jacks are automatic, and my last coach were automatic, too. The folks at HWH were very helpful when I called them with questions.

Before you do that, it's a good idea to check the sensors. Some penetrating oil on all of them might be a cheap fix.
Who did your install on the jacks ?
We have had manual jacks on previous units...Ron is thinking about adding either manual or electric.

thanks ! k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Jolly Rodgers,

Do you have a leveling system? If so, what is the maximum height you can raise the front or rear of your Axis?

Phil
We have HWH straight down jacks. When fully extended the front wheels will come off the ground by an inch'ish. The rear wheel do not come off the ground, nor should they according to HWH. The breaks and drivetrain make sure your axis doesn't move when parked. This recommending the rear wheels stay touch at all times.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We worked the jacks into the purchase, and the dealer had the install done at Stuart's in Elkhart. Mine are the kick down automatic style. HWH is headquartered at Moscow, Iowa, between Davenport and Iowa City.

The jacks will lift the front wheels off the ground, but haven't tried t lift the back that high.