Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3031
Ice maker not making ice

I have a 2015 Tuscany XTE. My rv was n for warranty work. They kept it plug into a 30 amp to run my frig. After picking it up, the ice maker was a glob of ice. I took the ice holding unit out & let it melt n the sink. After I put the ice container back n, it's not making ice. I checked the water pressure. I checked the ice maker was turned on. Any suggestions??

Old 10-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
THOR #2754
You might want to follow THIS THREAD which is just below yours in the Maintenance and Repair forum since your problem sounds very similar to mine.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany 40RX
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1567
Where did you check you water pressure? The reason I ask is that the 2014 Tuscany 40RX that I have, has a water shutoff valve for the ice maker that is behind a small panel on the outside of the coach...looks like a locking fuel filler door or one of the locking fresh water filling ports. Many times the service folks will shut the water valve off while servicing the coach and forget to turn it on, or they will turn it on after disconnecting from the power. Of course, if the water valve is off, you won't get water to the ice maker and many times if it is turned on, but, there is no power, air fills the line (the valve is actually intended to winterize the water line for the refrigerator) and it takes some time to bleed the air out, just like the LPG lines. If there is air in that line it takes a while (quite a while at times) as the ice maker has to run through numerous fill, freeze and dump cycles before water actually fills the ice tray...

2014 Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #4

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
THOR #2754
If you have a through-the-door water dispenser, you can bleed the air out of the supply line to the fridge by drawing water from the dispenser until any air is gone.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #2871
If it was connected to 30 amp service, the breaker probably tripped, especially if both A/Cs were on. When it tripped, the fridge went off and the ice melted. When the breaker was reset, the fridge came back on and the water froze into a big blob. Just my idea.
2015 Ford Focus
rbmartiniv is offline   Reply With Quote