Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #10797
Fridge not cooling Thor Palazzo

We have a Whirlpool residential refrigerator that worked great when we purchased the coach in March. Now the freezer works fine, however the fridge does not get cold. Noticed yesterday when the freezer door is open we can feel the cold air flowing from the freezer down to the fridge. When the freezer door is closed there is no air flow. Is there an internal fan not working?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I am not a refrigerator guru other than knowing when the beer is not cold any more.....but I think you made a good starting guess with an evaporator fan not working perhaps. The attached link also has a few other goodies that may be responsible for warm beer, if you scan down the page a bit. Good luck.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...+fridge+is+not
Old 07-16-2018, 04:02 AM   #3

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
There should be a fan inside the freezer compartment. On a residential fridge all of the refrigeration takes place in the freezer compartment. It only takes a little bit of ventilation from the freezer into the fresh food area to keep it just above freezing. The thermostat is in the fresh food compartment to maintain the tight 33 to 36 degree range. The freezer temp adjustment is usually just a mechanical damper to control the opening between the freezer to fresh food area. A smaller opening means more run time before the fresh food temp is reached. The freezer is usually 0 to 10 degrees.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #4

Model: Fourwind Super C
State: Florida
THOR #11938
Same thing happened to mine, its a fan control modual in the fan compartment of the freezer. Cost me $260 to have it replaced. Was told by tech that those switches corrode after a while from being used then setting unused.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Not getting cold at all? Or just getting cool? My Whirlpool does that occasionally. Freezer works fine but fridge is in the 50's and it doesn't matter where you set the control. I shut it down for a couple of days, put plenty of cold stuff in it and turn it back on. In a day or two the fridge is in the mid-to-hi 30's. Probably sounds dumb but it works for me.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:40 AM   #6

State: Arizona
THOR #10797
Thanks all for the replies. Took the back grill off the freezer and noticed the evaporator fan was not turning. Flicked the fan and it started spinning. Turned the fridge off and on and the fan would sometimes spin and other times jerk a little but not spin. I will be ordering new fan motor.