Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #6739
Interior Roll-up shades

2008 Mandalay Coach Presidio 400 M-39-G

I can't figure out how to roll-up the shades after I have lowered them. I pull down and release and Ive tried Pull-down and push up with my hand. Then I tried to remove the two cotter pins on the end to remove the roller itself but the ends don't push in so I can drop the roller down. Now I look up and see the bracket that the roller shade is connected to and can't figure out how to remove the bracket. I think those brackets have to slide out of a clip but I can't see a clip.
Any help would be appreciated. where is a good source to replace those shades when I finally get them off their bracket.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Check out Jerry's Hurricane Mods thread under class A mods. Jerry bought some really nice shades for his coach and soon after Dino bought some for his. I was able to see Dino's shades first hand and they were very nice! There is a link on where to buy in the thread along with several pictures. Hope this helps!
Old 04-02-2017, 02:17 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #6739
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Check out Jerry's Hurricane Mods thread under class A mods. Jerry bought some really nice shades for his coach and soon after Dino bought some for his. I was able to see Dino's shades first hand and they were very nice! There is a link on where to buy in the thread along with several pictures. Hope this helps!
Thanks. Good stuff on Jerry's message. I figured out how to remove the assembly from the clips. I used a screwdriver to lift up the clip and it came off. on the back side of the roller mount, I found some stickers with stickers of who made it and part numbers - turns out the company is still in business so I shot them an email.

Semper Fi

Ted
USMC Vet