Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Low voltage

For the past 3 weeks I have been having little gremlins running around in my electrical system. Not unit is surge protected and for the past few days now my unit has been cutting off periodically. When I go and check the surge protector it gives a P4 code which indicates low voltage. The RV site owner moved me to another lot and this is continuing to happen. I am at a loss at the moment. Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #2

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
low voltage

just because he moved you to another lot does not mean much, that's their typical response for the camp electric being overloaded , that said I had a 30 amp surge protector on my motorhome that was hyper sensitive, it would trip 10 times a day. I unplugged it and it stopped. as soon as I got home I took it back and exchanged it and no problems since.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #3
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
For the past 3 weeks I have been having little gremlins running around in my electrical system. Not unit is surge protected and for the past few days now my unit has been cutting off periodically. When I go and check the surge protector it gives a P4 code which indicates low voltage. The RV site owner moved me to another lot and this is continuing to happen. I am at a loss at the moment. Any help is always greatly appreciated.
Ron sez if the Surge Protector is tripping, it is an indication that there is a problem at the post...or a faulty Surge Protector.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:44 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Update: I was able to run a few tests on other camp sites with rvs being blocked up to my surge protector. None of the sites tripped the surge protector and they had everything powered up minus the microwave. They were pulling 28Amps on the 30 amp surge protector with no incident. When I left for work I made sure that I set the the clock on the microwave which would tell me if the RV lost power due to it resetting. I was running my AC and the fridge only and when I can home the microwave clock was back at zero. This toells me that the power loss happened again. This is driving me crazy. I don't understand why it rips the my surge protector and not a fuse inside the RV. Could there be a problem with the main wire that connects to the fuze box?

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #5

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
low voltage

the surge protector is supposed to trip first to protect the fuse panel. its possible you have a loose wire some were between shore power and the breaker panel, when it heats up do to amp draw it looses contact. its also possible the transfer switch is defective and is dropping out. its a basic 110 volt system it go's from shore power to the transfer switch to the breaker panel.