Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Kwikee Step Repair

I went to pick up my 2018 Thor Siesta and when I closed the door, the steps retracted to almost the closed position and have now become stuck in that position. I am guessing the motor has stopped working. I do have power to the motor because I went under the steps and unplugged the 4 wire power plug. Once I connected the 4 wire power again the step light came back on. There was no sound from the motor and no movement. I looked online and printed the Kwikee Electric Steps Owner's Manual #888. The warranty page for Kwikee states that the warranty is effective as of the date of sale to the original purchaser and extends for 2 years for parts and labor on step mechanisms.... I called Lippert who I think now owns Kwikee and was told they only have a 1 year warranty. I ordered a new motor from Amazon. Looks like an easy swap for a replacement motor when I get it tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #12311
It is a easy replacement, it’s basically a power window motor. My quit because the nylon gear stripped. But before I installed it I took took the big cover off and put some more grease in where the gear runs the original one didn’t have but maybe a squirt of grease in it. Also spray some lithium grease on the step pivots it will work a lot smoother.