Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2015, 03:54 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Vegas Vent/Defrost Airflow Issue

We are 6500 miles into our trip to Alaska in our Vegas and for the first time in weeks the temperature got into the 80s in BC, Canada. When I turned on the A/C all the cool air came out if the defrost vents at the bottom of the windshield and none out of the dashboard vents. Turning the A/C to vent or any other setting did not change the airflow. It turns out, there is a server motor that closes a flap (or is supposed to) that directs the airflow either to the defrost vents or the dashboard vents. The server motor is located under the left hand edge of the table in front of the passenger seat. I could move the flap by hand and change the airflow from the defrost vents to the dashboard vents. So I popped off the washer connecting the none operating motor and the flap and duct taped the flap lever so that all the air now flows out of the dashboard vents. At least I now have A/C and cool or hot air coming thru the vents. If I need the defroster, I will have to crawl under the dashboard and manually move the lever. When I get home I will try for a permanent fix. It is possible that the problem is a fuse, but I cannot figure out which fuse it might be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.