Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #1

State: Arkansas
THOR #7325
LCI "ERROR" On leveling jacks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_182130.jpeg
Views:	896
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	5333Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_182016.jpeg
Views:	1293
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	5334

Any ideas to correct this error? Can I fix the issue or should I take it to a repair shop so it can sit forever and a day? Thanks

Old 06-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonnyS View Post
Attachment 5333Attachment 5334

Any ideas to correct this error? Can I fix the issue or should I take it to a repair shop so it can sit forever and a day? Thanks
hold the enter and the button below it (can't remember what it's called) at the same time..that should clear it.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #3

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
you must've let your batteries get too low, it automatically locks the panel when the house batteries get low.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
hold the enter and the button below it (can't remember what it's called) at the same time..that should clear it.
Hit enter and retract at the same time.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:45 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
you must've let your batteries get too low, it automatically locks the panel when the house batteries get low.
You need to charge the batteries either by being plugged in, with the generator which might not start due to low voltage, or run the coach engine. Personally I never try to operate the jacks without the coach engine running.

When I first arrive I shift to park, set emergency brake, then lower jacks. Before leaving I start the engine, raise the jacks, then release the emergency brakes. Having the engine running assures you have enough voltage for the jacks.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #6

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I agree with the low batteries, also try unplugging the controller for about 10 seconds.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #7

State: Arkansas
THOR #7325
The low voltage was the culprit!! I in fact did let ALL the batteries run down to the point of having to jump them off. There is a breaker in my battery compartment and I noticed that it was tripped. Reset breaker. Cranked the coach and reset the LCI panel. ALL IS WELL. Thanks to all of the replies and info!!!
Love this forum. [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
You need to charge the batteries either by being plugged in, with the generator which might not start due to low voltage, or run the coach engine. Personally I never try to operate the jacks without the coach engine running.

When I first arrive I shift to park, set emergency brake, then lower jacks. Before leaving I start the engine, raise the jacks, then release the emergency brakes. Having the engine running assures you have enough voltage for the jacks.
We do the same. It's the last things before hitting the road.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #9

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonnyS View Post
The low voltage was the culprit!! I in fact did let ALL the batteries run down to the point of having to jump them off. There is a breaker in my battery compartment and I noticed that it was tripped. Reset breaker. Cranked the coach and reset the LCI panel. ALL IS WELL. Thanks to all of the replies and info!!!
Love this forum. [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Further info: The same breaker in the battery compartment for the LCI jacks is also for the generator. If your generator fails to crank and you do not have power to the switch - check this breaker.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #10

State: California
THOR #6924
I have the same error on my Outlaw. Batteries never have run down. Generator starts fine. Where was the breaker located in the battery compartment?
Old 06-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
We do the same. It's the last things before hitting the road.
I do one thing further. When I turn the Jack power on I cycle through the LCD display until I get the reading for the battery voltage. I do not attempt raising or lowering the jacks until the voltage is over 12.7 VDC. Once the reading is 12.8 or higher I then raise or lower the jacks. No low voltage errors by adding this step and there were a couple of times when the reading was 12.6 or 12.7.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:02 AM   #12

THOR #6924
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhadley View Post
I have the same error on my Outlaw. Batteries never have run down. Generator starts fine. Where was the breaker located in the battery compartment?

More info:
The control panel beeps for the first minute after power up, cycling through both of the display messages shown in the original post. Pressing Enter and Retract together puts it into "Retracting" display, I hear a motor running but it times out back to the two error displays. All 4 jacks are fully retracted.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:12 AM   #13

THOR #6924
Quote:
More info:
The control panel beeps for the first minute after power up, cycling through both of the display messages shown in the original post. Pressing Enter and Retract together puts it into "Retracting" display, I hear a motor running but it times out back to the two error displays. All 4 jacks are fully retracted.

Should of added,the Enter/Retract button together is the only response I get from the display panel. I get no response when pressing any of the other buttons.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #14

State: West Virginia
THOR #1181
Have the same problem with my 2015 MiraMar, after pushing the Enter/retract buttons, I have lost all display. Called Lippert they said unplug the red wire from the contromodule for one hour should work it did not, any ideas ?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #15

THOR #6924
I have an appointment July 7th at the dealer to see what's up. What's odd it was working ok before my last outing. I was waiting in line to check into the campsite when the display started beeping and the error windows showed up.
I'll post what is found once I take it in.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #16

State: West Virginia
THOR #1181
Quote:
Originally Posted by kequeen View Post
Have the same problem with my 2015 MiraMar, after pushing the Enter/retract buttons, I have lost all display. Called Lippert they said unplug the red wire from the contromodule for one hour should work it did not, any ideas ?

I called Lippert they said if display went out to disconnect the red wire from the controller in the basement. If this doesn't work said I needed new display ordered a new display from Amazon ($30.00) cheaper than direct from Lippert ,solved the problem
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 AM   #17

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I do one thing further. When I turn the Jack power on I cycle through the LCD display until I get the reading for the battery voltage. I do not attempt raising or lowering the jacks until the voltage is over 12.7 VDC. Once the reading is 12.8 or higher I then raise or lower the jacks. No low voltage errors by adding this step and there were a couple of times when the reading was 12.6 or 12.7.
I didn't realize there was a voltage readout on the LCD display. However, I was told by a tech at LCI that leaving the RV plugged in or on a charger will not necessarily provide enough current at startup to operate the levelers. He told me to start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes before operating the levelers.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM   #18

THOR #6924
Quote:
I have an appointment July 7th at the dealer to see what's up. What's odd it was working ok before my last outing. I was waiting in line to check into the campsite when the display started beeping and the error windows showed up.
I'll post what is found once I take it in.

I dropped it off to find out what's going on. They have a 1 week backlog so I'm still waiting to hear what's going on.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #19

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
I dropped it off to find out what's going on. They have a 1 week backlog so I'm still waiting to hear what's going on.
I had a problem with the pump coming on because one of the jacks leaked and the fluid was low. I had to keep filling it until I repaired the jack. Best of luck with the repair. Keep us posted.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #20

Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Indiana
THOR #1477
LCI Error

Was running into a very similar issue with my panel "stuck" in Low Power error. Spent countless hours troubleshooting, trying different "fixes", but nothing worked.

Took it to my local CW (here in Statesville, NC who are just awesome btw) and found the motherboard for the control unit was bad. LCI shipped a new one free of charge (believe it or not) and all is good. I pick it up this afternoon.
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote