Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
TonnyS's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 5
THOR #7325
LCI "ERROR" On leveling jacks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_182130.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	5333Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_182016.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	5334

Any ideas to correct this error? Can I fix the issue or should I take it to a repair shop so it can sit forever and a day? Thanks
__________________

__________________
TonnyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
Posts: 247
THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonnyS View Post
Attachment 5333Attachment 5334

Any ideas to correct this error? Can I fix the issue or should I take it to a repair shop so it can sit forever and a day? Thanks
hold the enter and the button below it (can't remember what it's called) at the same time..that should clear it.
__________________

__________________
rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
Posts: 247
THOR #6874
you must've let your batteries get too low, it automatically locks the panel when the house batteries get low.
__________________
rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 738
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
hold the enter and the button below it (can't remember what it's called) at the same time..that should clear it.
Hit enter and retract at the same time.
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:45 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,628
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
you must've let your batteries get too low, it automatically locks the panel when the house batteries get low.
You need to charge the batteries either by being plugged in, with the generator which might not start due to low voltage, or run the coach engine. Personally I never try to operate the jacks without the coach engine running.

When I first arrive I shift to park, set emergency brake, then lower jacks. Before leaving I start the engine, raise the jacks, then release the emergency brakes. Having the engine running assures you have enough voltage for the jacks.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
State: Texas
Posts: 923
THOR #3610
I agree with the low batteries, also try unplugging the controller for about 10 seconds.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
TonnyS's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 5
THOR #7325
The low voltage was the culprit!! I in fact did let ALL the batteries run down to the point of having to jump them off. There is a breaker in my battery compartment and I noticed that it was tripped. Reset breaker. Cranked the coach and reset the LCI panel. ALL IS WELL. Thanks to all of the replies and info!!!
Love this forum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
__________________
TonnyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #8
Member
 
schwartzees's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
Posts: 64
THOR #7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
You need to charge the batteries either by being plugged in, with the generator which might not start due to low voltage, or run the coach engine. Personally I never try to operate the jacks without the coach engine running.

When I first arrive I shift to park, set emergency brake, then lower jacks. Before leaving I start the engine, raise the jacks, then release the emergency brakes. Having the engine running assures you have enough voltage for the jacks.
We do the same. It's the last things before hitting the road.
__________________
schwartzees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
Posts: 129
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonnyS View Post
The low voltage was the culprit!! I in fact did let ALL the batteries run down to the point of having to jump them off. There is a breaker in my battery compartment and I noticed that it was tripped. Reset breaker. Cranked the coach and reset the LCI panel. ALL IS WELL. Thanks to all of the replies and info!!!
Love this forum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Further info: The same breaker in the battery compartment for the LCI jacks is also for the generator. If your generator fails to crank and you do not have power to the switch - check this breaker.
__________________
Steve70605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #10
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 44
THOR #6924
I have the same error on my Outlaw. Batteries never have run down. Generator starts fine. Where was the breaker located in the battery compartment?
__________________
drhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Entegra Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 3,365
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
We do the same. It's the last things before hitting the road.
I do one thing further. When I turn the Jack power on I cycle through the LCD display until I get the reading for the battery voltage. I do not attempt raising or lowering the jacks until the voltage is over 12.7 VDC. Once the reading is 12.8 or higher I then raise or lower the jacks. No low voltage errors by adding this step and there were a couple of times when the reading was 12.6 or 12.7.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:02 AM   #12
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 44
THOR #6924
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhadley View Post
I have the same error on my Outlaw. Batteries never have run down. Generator starts fine. Where was the breaker located in the battery compartment?


More info:
The control panel beeps for the first minute after power up, cycling through both of the display messages shown in the original post. Pressing Enter and Retract together puts it into "Retracting" display, I hear a motor running but it times out back to the two error displays. All 4 jacks are fully retracted.
__________________
drhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:12 AM   #13
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 44
THOR #6924
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhadley View Post
More info:
The control panel beeps for the first minute after power up, cycling through both of the display messages shown in the original post. Pressing Enter and Retract together puts it into "Retracting" display, I hear a motor running but it times out back to the two error displays. All 4 jacks are fully retracted.


Should of added,the Enter/Retract button together is the only response I get from the display panel. I get no response when pressing any of the other buttons.
__________________
drhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
Posts: 13
THOR #1181
Have the same problem with my 2015 MiraMar, after pushing the Enter/retract buttons, I have lost all display. Called Lippert they said unplug the red wire from the contromodule for one hour should work it did not, any ideas ?
__________________
kequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #15
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 44
THOR #6924
I have an appointment July 7th at the dealer to see what's up. What's odd it was working ok before my last outing. I was waiting in line to check into the campsite when the display started beeping and the error windows showed up.
I'll post what is found once I take it in.
__________________
drhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
Posts: 13
THOR #1181
Quote:
Originally Posted by kequeen View Post
Have the same problem with my 2015 MiraMar, after pushing the Enter/retract buttons, I have lost all display. Called Lippert they said unplug the red wire from the contromodule for one hour should work it did not, any ideas ?


I called Lippert they said if display went out to disconnect the red wire from the controller in the basement. If this doesn't work said I needed new display ordered a new display from Amazon ($30.00) cheaper than direct from Lippert ,solved the problem
__________________
kequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
Posts: 669
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I do one thing further. When I turn the Jack power on I cycle through the LCD display until I get the reading for the battery voltage. I do not attempt raising or lowering the jacks until the voltage is over 12.7 VDC. Once the reading is 12.8 or higher I then raise or lower the jacks. No low voltage errors by adding this step and there were a couple of times when the reading was 12.6 or 12.7.
I didn't realize there was a voltage readout on the LCD display. However, I was told by a tech at LCI that leaving the RV plugged in or on a charger will not necessarily provide enough current at startup to operate the levelers. He told me to start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes before operating the levelers.
__________________
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM   #18
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 44
THOR #6924
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhadley View Post
I have an appointment July 7th at the dealer to see what's up. What's odd it was working ok before my last outing. I was waiting in line to check into the campsite when the display started beeping and the error windows showed up.
I'll post what is found once I take it in.


I dropped it off to find out what's going on. They have a 1 week backlog so I'm still waiting to hear what's going on.
__________________
drhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
Posts: 669
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhadley View Post
I dropped it off to find out what's going on. They have a 1 week backlog so I'm still waiting to hear what's going on.
I had a problem with the pump coming on because one of the jacks leaked and the fluid was low. I had to keep filling it until I repaired the jack. Best of luck with the repair. Keep us posted.
__________________
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Toad Haul's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Indiana
Posts: 28
THOR #1477
LCI Error

Was running into a very similar issue with my panel "stuck" in Low Power error. Spent countless hours troubleshooting, trying different "fixes", but nothing worked.

Took it to my local CW (here in Statesville, NC who are just awesome btw) and found the motherboard for the control unit was bad. LCI shipped a new one free of charge (believe it or not) and all is good. I pick it up this afternoon.
__________________

__________________
Darren, Donna & The Wieners
Four Winds 31L
Thor Motor Coach
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×