Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #15951
Leaking windows 2019 Miramar 34.2

I purchased a new 2019 Miramar in April and it had serious problems. When we got it home the slide would not go in and had many other problems. One of the problems we had was that the passenger window leaked. Our local dealer tried to fix the slide and window leak but were not successful with either one. We finally sent it back to Thor and they said they had fixed everything but when we took it out this weekend the window still leaked.

We purchased it in April and the first time we were able to us the RV was two weeks ago. I have no confidence in our local dealer Gander RV being able to repair anything and don't want to be without the RV for another two months just to get it back unpaired. I am planning on taking the RV back to Indiana next year before warranty runs out to finish my punch list but would like to attempt to fix the window now. This is a frame less window so I’m not sure if I can use silicon on something like that.

Has anyone tried to repair one of these windows? Any suggestions? I don't want to do anything to void the warranty but also don't want it leaking for the next six months.

Thanks for any input.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
My suggestion is you contact Thor and request their assistance with the repair. Also, familiarize yourself with the 2 attempt or 21 day rule and the official notification process which should be addressed in the warranty. Right now they have had one attempt. You attempting a repair could negate their first attempt and could possibly result in a "void warranty" claim.

Again, just a suggestion.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote