Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2019, 06:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: California
THOR #2580
So what WFCO did you replace it with???
Was it an upgraded unit or the same unit??
And what did it cost

Here is a link for WFCO cross reference guide

https://wfcoelectronics.com/product-downloads/

Old 04-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Sure there is, just ask Bob Denam. I'm surprised he hasn't already posted in this thread.
Ummmmm....There are quite a few former Thor owners here....
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #23

Model: Coachmen Miranda 35KB
State: Ontario
THOR #7134
Thank you so much, I am going to double check the voltage at the batteries is a couple days, thanks for your input. AL
Old 04-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
If you see that voltage dropping significantly: you can always plug back in...
Old 04-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #25

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by beacoal View Post
That is a very good suggestion to check the voltage, I just checked it and I plugged it in around noon today and it reads 13.57 Volt so I will check in the morning, my coach has a button that I can push and get the reading or should I be testing the house batteries themselves with a voltmeter??
When first plugged into power ours stays at 13.6 for 1-2 days, then reduces to 13.1.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #26

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
When first plugged into power ours stays at 13.6 for 1-2 days, then reduces to 13.1.
Then it is working correctly unless the batteries are more than 50% discharged and then it should start out around 14v before dropping down to 13.5 and 13.1 or so.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #27

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefvm View Post
So what WFCO did you replace it with???
Was it an upgraded unit or the same unit??
And what did it cost

Here is a link for WFCO cross reference guide

https://wfcoelectronics.com/product-downloads/
I replaced mine with a Progressive Dynamics PD4655 - it’s their 55 amp one which is a direct replacement for the WFCO in the Axis/Vegas. There are several good YouTube videos out there which will walk you thru the install. It’s about $250 if you buy the unit, the replacement board and the wired remote. The wired remote is not really necessary, but I think the replacement board is a good idea. Not hard - except you are down on the floor under the fridge for a couple of hours.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:20 PM   #28

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I have the same converter but without the wired remote (didnt see a need for it). Its was a little less (like $215?). The remote allows you to see what mode its charging in and I think alows you to change it. But you can do that directly on the board. It has a flashing green light that lets you know the status.

Not hard to install, just take your time.... I might have spent 3 hours since I had to split my 12v power source for the inverter ("Y" connector for 4 gauge wires use in stereo systems). The OEM has two lugs for 12v. One in and one out (so you can add an inverter later). The new PD unit only has the inbound lug.

See new board below. Shows the one 12 + input. You can see the little blueish mode button and green LED statis light next to it.

It worked out well in the end and give me piece of mind that its NOT going to overcharge my AGM's.

Plus I have one extra 12 fused output ....not used (Yet)....Im thinking of adding either a 12 v fan in the bedroom or a 12v USB phone chargers (that way my inverter dont have to be on to power them though the outlets).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5269.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	17000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5264.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	17001  

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:32 PM   #29

THOR #12231
It seems like my OEM converter stayed at like 13.2 or 13.4 all the time. But I could be wrong. It made me nervous so I replaced it with PD. Much better.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 04-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #30

THOR #1765
In the Axis/Vegas, the little green flashing light is right on the floor, so you have to crawl around to see it. Hard on old knees.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:59 PM   #31

THOR #12231
Yeah its down low but not hard to see on my floor plan. I had to cut a slot on the OEM fuse panel trim piece so you can see the light and press the button (if needed). I just let it do its thing.