Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3265
Leveling system won't come on

We are 2000 miles away from home, in CA, hot as blue blazes, and our leveling system won't come on!
No lights, nothing.
After several calls to Thor, as well as our dealership, trying everything under the sun, still nothing. Of course now, everyone is closed for the day.
Any suggestions?
And thanks!

Etd. We are in a 2016 Thor Windsport 27K

Old 06-02-2016, 12:25 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
I take it that they have had you check all the circuit breakers and fuses. If need be, you can manually lower and raise your leveling jacks. There should be a procedure on how to do it in your manual.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:18 AM   #3

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Same thing happened to us recently on a trip. No power or slides, spent several hours trying to resolve it.

Finally, I called Thor. Turns out there is a unknown (to me anyway) circuit breaker that had tripped - I think it is a 60 amp breaker. In my coach the breaker is up near the top of the house battery compartment on the left hand side. It was hard to find and once found hard tell it had tripped and it did not look like a normal breaker. I would have never found it without talking to Thor, I had looked several times in the compartment with no luck.

If I remember correctly, there are two large wires that come into it from opposite sides and are offset from each other. I could not tell it had tripped until I reached to the far side of the breaker and pushed a yellow (maybe red) piece back in. It should have a small yellow (maybe red?) test button on the top of the breaker. Once I reset it, all worked again.

There was nothing in the manual about this breaker and other Tuscany owners were also unaware of it.

Hopefully, once you find this breaker all will work.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg84 View Post
If I remember correctly, there are two large wires that come into it from opposite sides and are offset from each other. I could not tell it had tripped until I reached to the far side of the breaker and pushed a yellow (maybe red) piece back in. It should have a small yellow (maybe red?) test button on the top of the breaker. Once I reset it, all worked again.
Your memory isn't too bad, as it is a circuit breaker with a red button and a yellow lever, (usually). The red button trips the breaker manually, and the yellow lever resets the breaker when you push it up to latch it in place again.

Here's a picture I stole from another thread:

On my Windsport, on the initial shake-down trip, we had intermittent electrical problems with most of the coach going between 12 and 0 volts. Found (eventually!) the circuit breaker yellow lever was not completely latched in place and would intermittently open and close with vibration.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You could have more than one of those breakers. On my coach there is one in the engine compartment and another in the battery bay.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #2442
On my2016 Vegas it is easy to trip the breaker when you change batteries. On mine it took a day or longer till the breaker reset and dropped out my generator. Beware when replacing batteries.