Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2019, 11:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Life of VEGAS/AXIS wiper blades

Just wondered what the experience has been with everyone on the "longevity" of the actual wiper blades on their VEGAS/AXIS?

Ours is a 2016 and, being three years old, should I replace, or at least have a couple on board for some extended trips...

I know I can't just pull into the local OREILLY'S and pick up a couple...

Old 04-07-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We've replaced ours once and I'm sure they are due (adding to the list ! LOL).

I ordered them off of Amazon.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Just wondered what the experience has been with everyone on the "longevity" of the actual wiper blades on their VEGAS/AXIS?

Ours is a 2016 and, being three years old, should I replace, or at least have a couple on board for some extended trips...

I know I can't just pull into the local OREILLY'S and pick up a couple...
Here in south Texas, I change all four vehicles every Spring. If you live where the is less heat and pollution, you can probably go 2 years. By the way I just change the rubber (bade refills) part not the entire blade assembly.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:55 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
If they aren't streaking and wipe cleanly then your in like Flynn. The UV eats up the rubber on wipers. If you keep the blades out of the sun surprising how long they last. My wife keeps her car in the garage and my truck sits outside. I replace the blades on the truck at least once a year, her car same blades for the last three. Last couple years I have been treating the coach windows with Rain X. The stuff really works well, rain water blows right off the windshield but if you have to use the "bug juice" a lot it shortens the effectiveness of the treatment substantially.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:38 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Here in south Texas, I change all four vehicles every Spring. If you live where the is less heat and pollution, you can probably go 2 years. By the way I just change the rubber (bade refills) part not the entire blade assembly.
I have seen the replacement blade assemblies, but have not seen the "blade refills".. Can you kinda point me in the right direction on these?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I have seen the replacement blade assemblies, but have not seen the "blade refills".. Can you kinda point me in the right direction on these?
Amazon - "32 inch windshield wiper refills" sold by Bemost. You might have to bend the end clamps to remove the old blades. The new ones clip on the same way.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
I use Rain-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
If they aren't streaking and wipe cleanly then your in like Flynn. The UV eats up the rubber on wipers. If you keep the blades out of the sun surprising how long they last. My wife keeps her car in the garage and my truck sits outside. I replace the blades on the truck at least once a year, her car same blades for the last three. Last couple years I have been treating the coach windows with Rain X. The stuff really works well, rain water blows right off the windshield but if you have to use the "bug juice" a lot it shortens the effectiveness of the treatment substantially.
I have been using Rain-X on my autos for years, great product. Can drive in mild rain on freeway and water just rolls off,wipers not needed.
I will now use it on our new to us first MH. They do make wiper fluid product that I may look into.

JJ
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote