Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Lippert levelers - zero point calibration

It appears that my Lippert leveling system is out of calibration - when I do an "auto level" the coach is slightly off. I went to the Lippert manual and attempted the following sequence to recalibrate it:

Level Zero Point Calibration

Before auto leveling features are available, the Level Zero point must be set. This is the point to which the system will return when an auto leveling cycle is initiated.
To set the zero point (controller module must be fully secured in production-intent location), first run a manual leveling sequence to get the vehicle to the desired level point. Then activate the Level Zero point configuration mode.
This mode is enabled by performing the following sequence:

1. Turn panel off.
2. Press the Front switch 10 times (On Winnebago units, press FRONT 5 times).
3. Press the Rear switch 10 times (On Winnebago units, press REAR 5 times).
4. At this point, a tone will sound and the display will read ZERO POINT CALIBRATION.
5. Press ENTER to set the zero point.
6. Screen will then display Zero Point Stability Check and PLEASE WAIT.
7. Tone will sound and the screen will display ZERO POINT SUCCESSFUL.
8. Control will then turn off.

I attempted this several times, and never got past step 3 - a tone never sounded, nor did the display read ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (as indicated in step 4). Any thoughts?

Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Here is the instruction sheet for setting the zero level point
<http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/technical-information-sheets/Power_Gear/Leveling/pg_TIP_Sheet_11003_Rev_OK_Calibration.pdf>

The (press) 5 times is for leaf spring coaches and the (press) 10 times if for coaches with air bags)
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Here is the instruction sheet for setting the zero level point
<http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/technical-information-sheets/Power_Gear/Leveling/pg_TIP_Sheet_11003_Rev_OK_Calibration.pdf>

The (press) 5 times is for leaf spring coaches and the (press) 10 times if for coaches with air bags)
Air bags have nothing to do with it. Just different models old and new. Just be sure instruction picture matches your controller. Not 100% sure but think all with LED display take 10 press and other/older take 5. OP said "display" never did say - so he probably has newer version that requires 10 press.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Air bags have nothing to do with it. Just different models old and new. Just be sure instruction picture matches your controller. Not 100% sure but think all with LED display take 10 press and other/older take 5. OP said "display" never did say - so he probably has newer version that requires 10 press.
Yes, mine has a display and not just led lights. Here's what mine looks like (along with the instructions I followed): https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...heets/0317.pdf
Old 02-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #5

THOR #3261
I prefer to override the control to Manual Level. I'm as accurate, and faster than the auto mode, and more importantly I don't shake the snot out of the coach like the Auto Mode does.

It just takes a little practice to learn.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:03 PM   #6

THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I prefer to override the control to Manual Level. I'm as accurate, and faster than the auto mode, and more importantly I don't shake the snot out of the coach like the Auto Mode does.

It just takes a little practice to learn.
Thanks. I'm beginning to lean towards doing that. In automatic mode, my system has a tendency to want to raise wheels off the ground, even on relatively level ground.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #1183
If control panel was turned "off" when you started - time to call support.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #8

THOR #3261
It's pretty easy once you've done it a few times. My method is this:

1. Switch to manual mode.

2. Run the rear jack button, eventually you will feel the coach "bump" when the first jack touches ground, continue to select rear so that the second aft jack can catch up and touch ground. Stop after you feel the second "bump."

3. Repeat the above process, but now using the forward jack button. After feeling the second "bump" up front you should have all your jacks grounded, but not yet level.

4. Follow the red indicator lights to adjust where necessary. Follow the digital level display to tweak it to the green light or better.

5. If you overshoot your target I've found it easier to "Retract All Jacks" and start over, than to attempt a selective manual retract.

6. Go outside and inspect your work. Make sure all 4 jacks have firm contact so that you know you are not in a tripod contact situation.

7. Celebrate your recent success with beverage of choice.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:49 AM   #9

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
Do yourself a favor and learn to level manually. The auto leveling is unreliable and is so herky-jerky it bent my front jacks. Fortunately, they were replaced under warranty.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #10

THOR #6277
Thanks for the advice and assistance, folks. I'll work on manually leveling the coach from here on out.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
FEZ

Model: Miramar
THOR #7381
I was having the same issue too. So today I attempted again re-calibrated my Miramar and I was having the same issue until I realized I was starting the calibration sequence with the panel ON. Then I re-read the calibration instructions online and noticed that you need to start the calibration with the panel OFF. Did that and it work perfectly, and I am now dead on accurate. Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #12

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
It appears that my Lippert leveling system is out of calibration - when I do an "auto level" the coach is slightly off. I went to the Lippert manual and attempted the following sequence to recalibrate it:

Level Zero Point Calibration

Before auto leveling features are available, the Level Zero point must be set. This is the point to which the system will return when an auto leveling cycle is initiated.
To set the zero point (controller module must be fully secured in production-intent location), first run a manual leveling sequence to get the vehicle to the desired level point. Then activate the Level Zero point configuration mode.
This mode is enabled by performing the following sequence:

1. Turn panel off.
2. Press the Front switch 10 times (On Winnebago units, press FRONT 5 times).
3. Press the Rear switch 10 times (On Winnebago units, press REAR 5 times).
4. At this point, a tone will sound and the display will read ZERO POINT CALIBRATION.
5. Press ENTER to set the zero point.
6. Screen will then display Zero Point Stability Check and PLEASE WAIT.
7. Tone will sound and the screen will display ZERO POINT SUCCESSFUL.
8. Control will then turn off.

I attempted this several times, and never got past step 3 - a tone never sounded, nor did the display read ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (as indicated in step 4). Any thoughts?
I believe this is the calibration sequence for an older system. I looked at the Lippert inst manual and there's another sequence for a newer system.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #13
FEZ

Model: Miramar
THOR #7381
My unit was built in December 2016. Unless they changed it after they built my unit. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2019, 12:51 AM   #14

Model: Chateau 31E
State: North Carolina
THOR #17269
Found this on Lipperts Site

I Found this on Lipperts site:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002110.pdf