Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #1961
I finally bought 2 outlets through Amazon to replace the OEM devices.

They are: FOXNOVO Marine Boat Car Motorbike Cigarette Power Supply Outlet Adapters. The original OEM devices lasted less than 2 years and seemed very flimsy compared to these replacements. Here is hoping all goes well.

Thanks to all the folks who helped me find the proper location of the fuses to isolate the problem.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #42

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9897
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
If you are referring to the single 12 volt cigarette lighter style plug on the dash that is controlled ba a 30 amp maxi fuse.
It is located in the driverside engine compartment fuse box . I will try and send you a picture of it but we are camping now and the cell coverage is spotty .
If you are referring to the USB style charging ports they are controlled by a fuse which is located in the fuse box that is in the compartment behind the drivers front wheel. Same compartment that houses your living room slide control box if you have a 24.1 which is what I have.
That fuse is marked as 12 volt accessory .
I am new to the forum...thank you for the info.
I have a Thor Vegas 24.1 2014
I checked the 30 Amp F70 fuse in the engine compartment.

I was going to start tracing for an inline fuse. I am not familiar with another fuse box inside the cabin for the dash board or the slide out...can someone add a photo location of this. Unfortunately Thor Customer Service only got as far as 30 amp F70...then said I must have a dead short

Thanks Jim
Old 11-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #43

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Jim,
Are you having trouble with the two 12v outlets below the radio? If so, the fuse is located outside driver’s side front storage compartment inside the black box on the right. Labeled F17 PowerPoint.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #44

THOR #9897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Jim,
Are you having trouble with the two 12v outlets below the radio? If so, the fuse is located outside driver’s side front storage compartment inside the black box on the right. Labeled F17 PowerPoint.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Larry...I do not have storage compartments in this Thor Vegas 24.1 above the Dashboard...I will look for an F17 fuse labelled Powerpoint in the fuse compartment that is located under the refrigerator in my unit...when I get home as I am at work now.

Thanks...will update. appreciate the help.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #45

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Lost Power to 12V sockets on dashboard

Not actually above the dashboard. It’s the most forward compartment on the driver’s side next to where you access the propane tank. Or just under the driver’s side window.

Anyway, that’s where the fuse for these sockets is located for my 2015 Axis 24.1.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #46

State: Florida
THOR #4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg727 View Post
Thanks Larry...I do not have storage compartments in this Thor Vegas 24.1 above the Dashboard...I will look for an F17 fuse labelled Powerpoint in the fuse compartment that is located under the refrigerator in my unit...when I get home as I am at work now.

On our 2016 it's the fuse box in the engine compartment; it's also labeled wrong in the manual. Ours was the 30 amp about two slots over from where the book said it was.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #47

THOR #9897
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
On our 2016 it's the fuse box in the engine compartment; it's also labeled wrong in the manual. Ours was the 30 amp about two slots over from where the book said it was.
Thanks...I have already checked the engine fuse box 30 amp.
Out of curiousity have you driven or compared the 350 Chassis 5 speed to the 450...Is the 450 a better ride...easier in any way?
Old 11-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #48

THOR #9897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Not actually above the dashboard. It’s the most forward compartment on the driver’s side next to where you access the propane tank. Or just under the driver’s side window.

Anyway, that’s where the fuse for these sockets is located for my 2015 Axis 24.1.
Thank you...found the fuse box F17 did it!
Appreciate the help.

Jim
Old 07-17-2021, 12:37 AM   #49

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #3165
fuse keeps blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg727 View Post

I've gone through 5 fuses but everytime I insert...sparks and blow. I have a 2014 24.1 with access on outside under drivers side. Any thoughts.
Old 07-17-2021, 02:41 AM   #50

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambo@gte.net View Post
I've gone through 5 fuses but everytime I insert...sparks and blow. I have a 2014 24.1 with access on outside under drivers side. Any thoughts.
Sounds like you need to replace the sockets as others on the forum have done. Seems they are cheap and prone to short out, hence causing your fuse blowing each time a new one is installed. I think most auto parts stores have them or online if you are not in a hurry.
Good luck.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:15 AM   #51

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingVehicle View Post
No problem, that is where I found it.

Any thoughts as to where I can find the new parts?

Another question, does the new piece fit where the old 2 12V sockets fit?
Not to rain on the show, but maybe in the future, when asking for assistance, you could state the year, make, and model of your “ Thor motors coach”.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:07 PM   #52

State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Has anyone dug into the engine compartment fuse box on a 2021 Axis built on the new Ford V8 based E350 chassis. I was able to find it (barely) on the driver's side outside of the coolant fill nozzle. It is buried behind the front sheet metal structure. Looks like I would at the least have to remove the hood, but maybe more sheet metal to get to it.

This panel is described fully in Ford's E350 operator's manual. There are several "power point" fuses noted and one of them likely feeds the dash mounted cigarette lighter outlets. My outlets were dead from new.

Looks like quite a chore to remove the stuff to get to it and if anyone has a better idea, I would appreciate it.

David
Old 07-19-2021, 04:15 PM   #53

State: Tennessee
THOR #12832
If the circuit breaker didn't work, I would replace the outlets. I replaced all my 12vdc cigarette out let's with USB. Super easy...

The overcharge may have shorted out the outlets.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #54

THOR #11793
12V sockets only 5 v

I was trying to replace the 12V socket with newer USB charge ports.
I bought 12V ports and they have a built in volt meter on it. I have test them by direct connect to my batteries and it reads 12v. But when I connect to the dash 12v socket wire it does not work. I have used a volt meter and the power shows only 5-6V. Seems strange. Anyone see this before.
Thor Palazzo 2016
Thank you
Old 09-30-2021, 12:28 AM   #55

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
I believe USB ports are designed to provide only 5v of power and .5 to 2 amps. If you measure the wire connecting the USB port it will measure 12v going in but 5 v out.
Old 09-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #56

THOR #11793
Solved

I found the fuse was blown. What is strange was I was getting a 5v reading on the wire with a blown fuse. Replaced fuse and all is working. Fuse is f2 power point on my 2016 palazzo. Located outside compartment under driverside. If anyone needs to know.
Thank you
Old 09-30-2021, 12:37 AM   #57
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwise0308 View Post
I found the fuse was blown. What is strange was I was getting a 5v reading on the wire with a blown fuse. Replaced fuse and all is working. Fuse is f2 power point on my 2016 palazzo. Located outside compartment under driverside. If anyone needs to know.
Thank you
What kind of voltmeter? Auto scale, auto ranging can easily be misread. You might have been reading stray induced voltage.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:26 AM   #58

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
https://www.amazon.com/YonHan-Charge.../dp/B07FXH5ZZK[
This works great