Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #6090
Low Point Drain location

Can anyone tell me where the low point drain is located on the 2918 ACE 29.3? The manual is so general and CW didn't do a good job on their walk-thru with us (more interested in closing the deal).

Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
someone with that model will surely chime in shortly
but there are likely more than one set.

If you are able, you can easily find them crawling around underneath the coach....just a pair of open ended plastic pipe/tubing pointing through the underside of the floor straight to the ground. Mine is blue pex tubing for cold and red for hot. Go inside just above that location to find the valves. Mine has little white plastic T handles that you pull up on to open (not turn to open)
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
You should two where your water pump is. They have orings to pull up on. You will also have your fresh water drain there. If you have the out side kitchen you will have two drains behind the drawers. I had to remove the plastic bin to get to mine.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:26 AM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #6090
Thanks. We found the one at our outdoor kitchen. We had to completely pull out the drawer to access the drain. The one of the two located by the fresh water tank is fairly easy to reach, however, the second one is located behind the panel that holds the outdoor shower and my hubby can't reach that one. Thor certainly didn't design this very well. Makes me think they don't go RVing.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 AM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I've been thinking similar things since the days when we had our popup. Seemed like the folks that design them don't use them.

I've gotta say though, its barely summer. Why worry about drains this early? Smart to start considering and finding them I suppose, but still plenty of time...
Old 06-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #6

State: Washington
THOR #7825
TR23 Drain Points & Fresh H2O Drain

Plumbing diagram available from Thor - call them! Fresh H2O drain: Back center exterior storage - open it. Look left - panel with two screws. Open and tank drain, water pump, etc., are there. L.P.D.: to the left of tankless water heater, accessible thru drawer underneath micro or under fridge behind panels. For winterizing, might be able to speed up with water pump and exterior shower in some combo. Diagram is helpful.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:18 AM   #7

State: Colorado
THOR #25071
2017 Thor Siesta 24ss low point drains?

Does this motor home have LPD? If it does where are they located?

I suspect it doesn't, as it has an Anderson 4 way valve marked; city, tank, normal and sanitized/winterize.