Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2018, 01:56 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Newmar
State: Oklahoma
THOR #4495
I gave up on trying to be nice after they caused more than 5,000 dollars damage to my dash wiring and duct work. The dogs get a special treat after they catch and kill mice in or around the rv. I do live in the country with all types of wildlife. After my chasing cougars, and even one panther, I have staked my claim!

Old 02-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #42

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #14302
Here is what I know for what it is worth. Moth balls are caustic,very bad. Mint, dryer sheets, steel wool, sonic mouse repellent all help.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #43

THOR #4495
It may help, but it doesn’t work stoping them from moving into the rv. I just use poison sticks now placed in various parts of the rig. It has worked so far.. stoped doing nice to the mice.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #44
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That's okay; as long as you find the mouse corpses before they start to stink...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #45

THOR #4495
Yea. Hopefully they don’t make it that far. Thanks
Old 02-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #46

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Herb packs and mouse out work best for me in tractors and trucks

Tuscany is tightly sealed with no openings so far
Old 02-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #47

THOR #4495
Your lucky. The Thor a.c.e. 29.2 Has more openings then a screen. It’s fun watching mice run across the frame from battery to other side when you catch them poking around.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #48

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
That's okay; as long as you find the mouse corpses before they start to stink...
Bob's right if the mouse dies in the wall it will stink for six to eight months. I had one in my house wall did not know where the stink was coming from so I remodel the bathroom. Found the skeleton of a mouse in there
Old 02-16-2019, 05:56 PM   #49

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser123 View Post
Bob's right if the mouse dies in the wall it will stink for six to eight months. I had one in my house wall did not know where the stink was coming from so I remodel the bathroom. Found the skeleton of a mouse in there
Traps are better if you've got the room for them. And the trap bait works well. At least you know you got them
Old 02-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #50

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Alabama
THOR #3721
I had an ant and rodent problem. I got two 110V sonic chasers for the inside and two battery operated sonic ones for the outside. Have not seen a bug or rodent since. I do have to change the batteries in the engine compartment and generator ones about every six weeks, but it is very easy. Flea collar and Bounce sort of work but they loose their potency to soon.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #51

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyT View Post
Here is what I know for what it is worth. Moth balls are caustic,very bad. Mint, dryer sheets, steel wool, sonic mouse repellent all help.
Honestly, I don't care how caustic mothballs are to mice. The only ones I use are sealed in a bag with holes in it. You get 2 bags in a box so they are easy to handle. You obviously don't want to scatter them on the ground for any animal or child to get to, but these bags tossed into a locked storage bin or generator, are caustic only to the critters about to damage my RV. Sorry Mr. Mouse...enter at your own rick.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #52

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by f troop 8th cav View Post
I had an ant and rodent problem. I got two 110V sonic chasers for the inside and two battery operated sonic ones for the outside. Have not seen a bug or rodent since. I do have to change the batteries in the engine compartment and generator ones about every six weeks, but it is very easy. Flea collar and Bounce sort of work but they loose their potency to soon.
I have had decent results with the ultrasonic repellers in outbuildings so they should work in the coach, herb bags are good for a year as noted earlier
Old 02-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #53

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Soak rat poison in embalming fluid. When they die, they don't stink. they just lay there on their backs with their little paws crossed across their laps with a fake gin on their face. All their little rat friends say..."he looks so good...just like he's sleeping".
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #54

Model: 34F
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It won't hurt your generator at all: as long as the fuel stabilizer has been thoroughly mixed into entire fuel system...

Try adding some cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil to your "mouse repellent inventory". I've used it for years, and never had any tresspassers...
Yeah I got a bunch of those cotton balls soated in mint and threw them all over the attic in my house. It worked for while.