Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
This is a great discussion guys. My original comments came basically from the LCI jack service manual I had on about page 18 where it talks about spinning the drill one way or the other for retraction or deployment. Exerpt attached
3. Insert hex bit into coupler found under protective label, Fig. 7
4. Run drill forward or clockwise to extend jacks and in reverse or counterclockwise to retract jacks.
I think this is what 16ACE27 is also talking about.

But I have seen the LCI video on UTube that describes the manual "retraction" of the hydraulic jacks only......no videos of manually deploying jacks (manual override not using manual mode on driver controls). One of the instructions is to remove the black and white connector from the side of the hydraulic valve body.....which is probably the directional valve control that 10scDust is talking about. I have never checked the motor wiring at the hydraulic pump per Beau377 comments, but it would probably make sense if the motor only needs to turn one direction (normally) as long as the directional valve is operated appropriately to determine how pumped fluid moves though the system. So in other words, in order to deploy jacks manually (if that is even possible) you would have to electrically operate the direction valve body (black and white wire connector) and continue to run the drill in the same direction to deploy jacks. Probably I am looking at an LCI manual that does not apply to my ACE LCI system. Lots to learn....before I get stuck somewhere with a jack problem I guess.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Not on my coach, The motor solenoid has only one set of contacts. The black motor ground goes directly to the ground and not to the solenoid. The barrel valves have two positions - one for the black hoses (pressure down) and one for the red hoses (pressure up). This is for the 2013 and later system (9010000325).
The motor solenoid does not come into play when you are manually operating the jacks with a drill.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #23

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Here is the operator's manual for the current LCI Level-Up Jack system used by Thor MC plant 750 from 2014 on. <https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd_0001535.pdf>
It does appear the motor can be turned clockwise to extend the jacks when in manual mode. Mea Culpa
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:31 AM   #24

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
I must say that our RV does not have a hydraulically operated slide-out.
Our hydraulic system is not configured the same as the pictures 16ACE24 posted.
Evidently that style works in both directions and may not even use a directional valve in its process.

I had our unit on the bench to troubleshoot it.
The directional valve was stuck, and I got it to move, by pushing the spool with a small allen wrench.
It had a number stamped on it and Mr. Google helped me find another one locally.
I replaced the $40 part.
I could not get any meaningful flow running clockwise during my bench tests.

I have lots to learn, not realizing there are different configurations.
Now I know to ask if there is also a hydraulic actuated slide-out before commenting.
Like I mentioned, ours has electric motor driven slide-out.

Like the OP noted, very interesting thread, I thought what I learned would help, thinking the units all worked the same.
I did not mean to create any confusion.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:58 AM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
The snippet I posted was for a system that uses the same hydraulic plant to power both the leveling and slide actuators. It does have a reversing valve as well as more actuating valves (for the slide portion) but operates the same as a leveler only system, and the manual override procedure is the same as well. If you are manually turning the pump motor the reversing valve does not come into play.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote