Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #8741
Motorized step

My motorized step on my Ace 29.3 comes out when I start the motor. There must be a way to reprogram that. Help

Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I think that when you start the engine the steps should follow the door regardless of the step override switch (if equipped). So my first thought is your step comes out when you start the engine because the door is open.....or because the magnet sensing switch on the door is not aligned correctly (thinks the door is open)? When the engine is off but the chassis (engine)battery is enabled....does the step come out when you open the door and go back in when you close the door?
Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

State: Saskatchewan
THOR #8741
Door switch worked just fine. I pulled the plug off of the step motor when the step was up. Started the Ace. Waited 1 min and plugged the motor back in. Everything works fine now. 😁
Old 05-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Glad your step is working for you now. Perhaps there was a bad connection in the 4 pin connector that you cycled (assume you have the controller model)? The Kwikee Step (Lippert) PDF troubleshooting info can be found on hyperlink (or search via Google for it if the link wont work):

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...fx53Dz9BcjXlwg

About halfway through the PDF document is some good info on the step wiring with controller and trouble shooting the wiring.