Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2019, 01:00 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: BT 36 Magnitude
State: North Carolina
THOR #292
2012 Thor Challenger 37kt front corner of windshield is seperating leaving gap

Getting ready to go on trip last week, loaded the rig, pulled out of driveway and parked on the side of the road in front of house. It was beginning to rain and the next thing I know I had rain water coming in from the upper right corner of the windshield. The camper was leaning some towards the right but only from natural road slope. I looked up from the inside and saw I had a gap of about 3/8 to 1/4 inch from where the windshield should be up against the frame.
I quickly ran and grabbed my caulk gun with some caulk for tub and tile repairs I had completed the night before in the house. It sealed up and no more drips. Went on the trip, about 300 miles away and stayed out for 4 days with some light rain with no leaks and returned home. What is going on and what should I do? This is the first time this has happened as I store in a warehouse when not in use and is stored on level ground. I need help quickly so I can repair if needed or some advice to help out on this.
Thanks.
I am the only owner of this RV and absolutely love it with very little problems thus far. Been camping for more than 20+ years.