Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Mushrooms growing from the outside kitchen floor! Unreal!

My wife called me over to the outside kitchen in disbelief Thursday while staying in Ocean city, MD.

There were two 1 inch mushrooms growing from the floor actually pushing the linoleum up out of the way!

Here are pictures of the black mold growing on the wood!

Cause - THOR shady craftsmanship - again. the seal onto of the outside kitchen was almost non existent! I have since silicone it and the wood is drying out and the mold was killed with bleach.

Water was from the rear A/C unit which was running down the side of the RV despite the stick on gutter system I installed last year! Frustrating!

NOTE to Everyone! Reseal ALL your joins YEARLY or you will be facing this yourself!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushroom 1.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	2567

Name:	mushroom 2.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2568

Name:	mushroom 3.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	2569

Name:	mushroom 4.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2570

2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #2

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Mushrooms

Darren,

We had an Open Range 5th wheel that had pitiful factory assembly practices. It had a two year warranty but the rear cap and the bedroom wardrobe slide developed leaks that didn't become noticeable until a few months after the warranty ran out. By then Jayco had acquired Open Range and good will became non-existent. We are trying to be smarter about our new motorhome so perhaps we can at least find leaks before the become major problems. I had recaulked numerous seams and joints on the 5th wheel but the slide leaks evidently originated where the slide cable attached to the slide body and there was no gasketing or sealant around any of the fasteners. The rear cap leak either came from a failed rear window seal or from a roof marker light.

Keep a close eye on the mold problem as it may be more involved than what you can actually see.
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:46 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Darren,

I had a similar issue, however, my water leak was from the plumbing coming loose under the outside kitchen. I often check my pumbing under the sink to assure the connections do not rattle loose while we are in transit. I do have some wood swelling water damage, but no growths as of yet. I added seals to all of my baydoors around the coach. I had a similar leak in the compartment the grill is kept, and the material was fairly inexpensive.

PG
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote