Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum PD31
State: California
THOR #14713
"Mushy" spot in floor

So, right smack in the center of my floor, in front of my bathroom, in between my living space and back bedroom, I have a "soft" spot. This spot was apparently there when the RV was brand new. The original owner had it checked out and Thor said it was fine.

It just unnerves me every time I walk over it. Come on Thor! Anyone have a similar problem?

Oregonjaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:42 PM   #2

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
I had a similar problem. The dealer said it was fine. I thought it was getting worse after our 5 week trip. So.....I spent 3 weeks pulling the couch out, pulling the water tank out, disconnecting all the plumbing, pulling up the soaking wet floor (that was wet for so long it was like mush). I replaced all the sub floor (16 or so square feet), remounted the tank, redid the plumbing, raised the couch 2" when I put it back in, replaced the outside shower (it was cracked and leaking into the coach from the outside).
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_123348.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	16683Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_123403.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	16682Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach8014_20181014_161912.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	16684Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach7903_20181009_113607.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	16685
Old 04-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by csseeker View Post
I had a similar problem. The dealer said it was fine. I thought it was getting worse after our 5 week trip. So.....I spent 3 weeks pulling the couch out, pulling the water tank out, disconnecting all the plumbing, pulling up the soaking wet floor (that was wet for so long it was like mush). I replaced all the sub floor (16 or so square feet), remounted the tank, redid the plumbing, raised the couch 2" when I put it back in, replaced the outside shower (it was cracked and leaking into the coach from the outside).
Dealer gave no assistance?
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I have an Outlaw 29H we bought new last August and we noticed the bathroom floor had a soft spot around the toilet. When you stepped hear the toilet or sat down you could feel the floor flex. We knew it would get worse over time.

We dropped it off in the fall to have a bunch of warranty stuff done. Dealer agreed you could feel the flex in the floor. They contacted Thor and dealer said Thor could either ok them to fix it or Thor could require us to take it back to IN for them to fix.

Took several weeks for Thor to respond to the dealer but they agreed to let the dealer do it. The dealer noted in the service paperwork there was no real support structure in that area of the floor. They ended up removing the black tank and installing 3/4 plywood and adding metal supports. Reading the paperwork it looks like the dealer did a really good job doing what Thor should have done during manufacturing. The floor really feels solid now.

When we picked it up last August, we could also feel a flex in the shower floor. Fortunately there was an access panel so I cut some wood pieces added them beneath the shower floor to keep the shower floor from flexing and eventually cracking. I did that after our first trip out in it.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
THOR #12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
Dealer gave no assistance?
No. We discussed it but I didn't push too hard. I got a great deal on the price when we bought it. I figured it will give me the chance to learn about the RV, make changes as I saw fit, and enjoy the work. I learned a lot about how things are designed and put together on the RV. I'm retired so I took my time and only worked on it a few hours per day.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #6

State: Ontario
THOR #25341
Mush floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonjaf View Post
So, right smack in the center of my floor, in front of my bathroom, in between my living space and back bedroom, I have a "soft" spot. This spot was apparently there when the RV was brand new. The original owner had it checked out and Thor said it was fine.

It just unnerves me every time I walk over it. Come on Thor! Anyone have a similar problem?
Did you get this fixed? We just purchased a 2017 fourwinds 31E… right in front of the washroom entrance on the raised floor and all along the bunks the floor feels really soft between the joists?