Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2019, 01:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #10201
Need help

Hello all, we have a 2014 vegas and we got a new GPS. When I plugged it in the DC connector it didn’t work. Come to find out neither of them had power and also the USB was without power too. I checked the fuse in the box in the engine compartment and it was not blown, I changed it anyway but still no power. Does anyone know of anything else to check before I start chasing wires?

Old 05-01-2019, 01:47 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: Michigan
THOR #14701
Bidcop,

My 2017 Vegas has a inline fuse on the DC power outlet. It is under the dash maybe 4 to 6 inches from the back of the outlet. Lay on your back and look up!
You’ll see it!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:16 AM   #3

THOR #10201
Thanks

I did in fact look, but I didn’t see one. Truth tell I didn’t look that far back, I was hoping for easy solution and I blew a fuse. I will check tomorrow and see if it’s there. Was hoping I wouldn’t have to take dash apart chasing wires.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:18 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
I think I remember seeing someone with a similar issue and another member said it was because that particular USB port actually went to the stereo as an input, not a power supply.
Not sure if it's relevant to your's
Old 05-01-2019, 11:42 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Get under the dash and look at the backside of your DC and USB power ports. No need to pull your RV apart.

If it was like mine when I got my RV had only one port that actually worked, another had only one wire connected and the other dangling off. Oh, on the other two the wires were cross-connected between the two ports.

Took me 1 0-15 minutes to have more DC/USB power ports than I can use.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:12 AM   #6

THOR #10201
Mine were working

Thanks Cal. The problem with that is all my DC and USB were working a few weeks a ago. Everything in the dash still works (radio, coach controls on dash, a/c) except the 2 DC and USB ports. Like I stated earlier was hoping it was a easy fix with the fuse. Haven’t check the inline fuse yet, that’s tomorrow’s project. Got a big vaca coming up the end of May. This is not going to stop us, but I would like to have them working. Hubby and I will be crawling around under the dash looking for the problem. Hopefully it will be a something not too involved. :banghead
Old 05-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #7

THOR #10201
Found it!

Ok after chasing the wires thru the dash, under the hood, we found a grey piece of flexible pipe holding several wires. It goes down to the fuse box in the basement under the driver seat. It holds stuff like the awning, solar power, seats, etc... The 2 DC Nd USB ports are called “power point”on the cover of the box. Sure enough the fuse was blown, changed it and they work fine. So there’s a fuse box under the dash inside, one under the hood, one in the basement, one under the frig. Lots of places for things to go wrong. Yippee!
Thanks for all the suggestions