Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #882
2013 Thor Hurricane 29X Coax Wiring Diagram or Information

I getting to the point where I wish I had not purchased a Thor product. Information about my 2013 Hurricane is very slim. I get wrong information when I call the factory or a dealer.

My latest question is does anyone have a diagram or information on the two outside coax connectors, one on the drivers side and one on the passenger's side. I know the driver's side will work with cable service and is connected to the inside switch box. Coax connected to the same connector will not work with a portable satellite antenna. I have no clue what the outside coax connector on the passenger's side is for. Connecting a cable or satellite antenna to it will not make the main inside TV work. The TV does have a Dish receiver box connected to it. If I disconnect the incoming satellite cable from the switch box satellite input and move it to the cable input on the switch box I can watch TV. I would appreciate any input.

Thank you

Old 06-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Generally there are three different sets of cables running through unit, One with a amp is for the antenna, two is for cable at the campground. to use this the amp must be turned off. Three is for Sat, and is run separate. It's outlet, generally speaking is in the same area as the cable input in my case right next to each other. You have to look carefully so not to mix them up. I hope some who has your unit will chime in where the exact hook ups are. The outlet for the Sat to your box is located near the TV.
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #882
Thank you for your fast response and information. Mostly I am interested in what the outside coax on the passenger side is connected to.

I also do not understand why the driver side outside coax connector can be used for cable and not satellite from a portable antenna. If I disconnect the cable coming from the wall going to the cable input on the switch box and then connect the satellite cable coming from the wall to the cable input on the switch box. Then I can watch TV with the potable antenna connected to the same driver's side coax connector. I do not have a roof mounted satellite antenna. Is everyone confused?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
As I understand it the cable for sat and cable are different construction. I know when we went with Sat at the house the Sat company ran a new cable thru the house a told me that the cable wiring would not work on Sat. Now I google the hook ups for thor and came across a manual for some of their units that gave and had some sort of wiring diagram for their entertainment stuff
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Most likely the passenger side coax goes from the cable switch box (TV3 perhaps), so that you can use a TV outside on a picnic table, etc.