Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
No 12V unless generator running

Next electrical issue

We are boondocking for the night and need a little heat. I started the 6k Onan and ran some heat. When I shut off the genny the 12V system shut off with it and now I only have lights if the genny is on. House batteries read 12.8. Checked all the fuses I could find.
???????
__________________

__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalt1 View Post
Next electrical issue

We are boondocking for the night and need a little heat. I started the 6k Onan and ran some heat. When I shut off the genny the 12V system shut off with it and now I only have lights if the genny is on. House batteries read 12.8. Checked all the fuses I could find.
???????
Sorry. 2015 Four Winds 35SB Super C.
__________________

__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 1,463
THOR #6411
Most likely it is the store/use switch (or master power on later coaches) tripped into the store position. Also there is a 50 amp circuit breaker in the house battery compartemnt that protects the cable from the house batteries to the power center. Not likely but it could be tripped if you were running the furnace when you killed the generator. At any rate you nave lost power from the house battery bank to the power center.
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Most likely it is the store/use switch (or master power on later coaches) tripped into the store position. Also there is a 50 amp circuit breaker in the house battery compartemnt that protects the cable from the house batteries to the power center. Not likely but it could be tripped if you were running the furnace when you killed the generator. At any rate you nave lost power from the house battery bank to the power center.
Thanks Beau388. I have tried the use/store switch and will look for the breaker in the battery compartment at first light. I don't remember seeing one. Just a fuse on the way to the inverter.
__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
Latest

Ok. I have 12v on the left but not on the right. What is this?
If i jumper around it the lights come on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	16166  
__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 2,890
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalt1 View Post
Ok. I have 12v on the left but not on the right. What is this?
If i jumper around it the lights come on.
That is a latching relay, may be controlled by your USE/STORE switch.

Does it move when you operate the switch (make noise)?
Is the fuse good in the little red fuse holder?
__________________
The USER Formally Known As TFryman
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 572
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalt1 View Post
Ok. I have 12v on the left but not on the right. What is this?
If i jumper around it the lights come on.
That is your USE/STORE or MASTER POWER latching relay. "RV Custom Products Latching Relay RVC1002" A very TEMPORARY fix (before you replace it) is to put both red cables together on one side. Is there 12v on the lower terminals? Those 2 wires go to your USE/STORE momentary contact switch. What is that inline fuse for? It's on the live side.
"The RV Custom Products Latching Relay RVC1002 allows user/service technicians to disconnect Chassis/Coach batteries for storage or service. These high tech units do not draw current in either the “ON” or “OFF” position."
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalt1 View Post
Ok. I have 12v on the left but not on the right. What is this?
If i jumper around it the lights come on.
Ok. Its the battery insulator relay. I assume the two wires (yellow/ yellow black) are the coil voltage and they are dead. They disappear into the frame and I don't see them in the battery compartment. I'll call Thor now.
__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29h outlaw
State: New Jersey
Posts: 238
THOR #5248
Remember where that in line fuse is. If Like mine, it is the radio keep alive power. It took me a full day to find mine when I blew it with my fat fingers!
__________________
Trkyte@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Royalt1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SB
State: Florida
Posts: 19
THOR #12099
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
That is your USE/STORE or MASTER POWER latching relay. "RV Custom Products Latching Relay RVC1002" A very TEMPORARY fix (before you replace it) is to put both red cables together on one side. Is there 12v on the lower terminals? Those 2 wires go to your USE/STORE momentary contact switch. What is that inline fuse for? It's on the live side.
"The RV Custom Products Latching Relay RVC1002 allows user/service technicians to disconnect Chassis/Coach batteries for storage or service. These high tech units do not draw current in either the “ON” or “OFF” position."
Tony at Thor tech support helped me greatly. For an unknown reason the solenoid at the batteries did not connect once the gen/shore power was removed. So I never went back on battery. I triggered it with a jumper and it stayed switched. He sent me some schematics so I've got reading to do. Got on my way, everything's working at the next stop, so I await the next electrical issue!
Thanks everyone.
__________________

__________________
Royalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×