Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Iowa
THOR #6176
No cold water in shower

Oh please help. We have a Tuscany 45LT with Auqua Hot. The plate over the shower handle says Fontana B125. I think the valve cartridge is messed up. When turned on full hot it's fine. When turning the temp down it stops flowing at the mid point. Thor thinks it's a pinched line and sent me the plumbing prints. I've not found a pinched line. I can't find a source for Fontana faucet cartridges. Also reluctant to pull or damage the cartridge since there are no water shut offs to the shower. Oh my dealer says it's a Moen, I don't think it is after looking at it.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Jack

Old 12-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
You mentioned the brand name "Auqua Hot", is that a tankless hot water system? If it is then it could be an issue with pressure balance in the shower. When we were shopping we looked at a couple different MH's that had tankless hot water systems. We were cautioned about getting used to adjusting the water in the shower and finding a sweat spot when using.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Sounds like a faucet problem, not a pinched line. If you are out of warrantee, I would pull the faucet with a plan to replace it, if you don't find something obviously wrong once its out.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
I was poking around on the internet and it seems that Fontana is used in rv's and boats and the common opinion is they are trouble prone.
I didn't see any dedicated parts source for them but based on the threads I read they use common Moen cartridges .
Most people that posted were removing them all together and replacing them with other faucet assemblies.
Shut your water pump off or remove your city water supply and pull that cartridge out . It's broken now so you really don't have much to lose.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Iowa
THOR #6176
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies! Weird faucet for sure, I think Thor got a deal on some and installed. The Fontana Rep called me back and said they do not supply faucets or parts for RVs, " we are high end!" Thinking about installing some shut offs first, then a faucet. Thanks again all!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:04 PM   #6

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
It seems Thor gets deals on a lot of 'off brand' stuff. I'm not overly impressed with any of the appliances or fixtures in ours. They all seem to work, but............

Tags
fontana, no cold water, shower