Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #9528
2018 Hurricane 29M Shower Door

Hi All,
the shower door on my 2018 Hurricane 29m are stuck in the closed position. I can slide the door open and 12 inches and then wont slide anymore, appears to get stuck on the tracking in the back of the shower where railing curves. I am unable to get inside the shower to see actually where its getting hung up. Any ideas on a fix?????

Thanks in advance for anyone's help

Old 02-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum.....I see there are no responses to your issue as yet and maybe bringing this to the top again will result in other 2018 hurricane owners helping out a bit.

I have done a little RV shower door searching on line but it is not easy finding much on your coach shower specifically other than sellers with walk through pictures of the glass folding or curving around the back of the shower wall. Can you find a manufacturer label on the shower door somewhere externally since you cant get fully into the shower? The other option is a selfie stick with a phone camera stuck into the shower opening or stuck over the top rail so that you can take some random track shots. You might get lucky and see where the hangup is occurring. Maybe it is a track screw that has backed out enough to catch a door roller? Maybe other 2018 Hurricane owners can determine who the manufacturer is or post some pictures of the track system so we can try to help? The other option is calling Thor and ask them who the manufacturer of the shower door system is and go on their web page for repair details or call their help line. There is likely screws along the top rail near the shower wall that would dismantle things, but this would likely be a 2 person job and may cause more grief if you are not very mechanical.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
saw your post so i went to check our railing. After opening the door 12" i cant see anything that would block the door except for the second screw in from the opening. That screw may block the first roller. This screw is about even with the second roller. Other than that there is nothing i can see

Think you need to reach in with your hand to feel/see if the screw has backed out. Also check the top screw

Jerry

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

THOR #8228
Also back sure all the roller wheels are in the aluminum track thru the little slot. My last roller was stuck and couldn't let the doors slide very far. Once I got all the wheel in the groove, or opened all the way.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #5

THOR #8228
That was.... Also make sure...
Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #6

THOR #8228
Plus.... last line: it opened all the way....

Tags
shower door