Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3855
NO power to drop down bunk....

All of sudden, my drop down bunk is not working... 2014 thor hurricane 34f.

Never had an issue. I am thinking it may be a fuse or something. I called the repair shop and he said the fuse for this is not with the other fuses, its somewhere else but of course he couldn't really explain where.. does anyone know where so I can check this out myself?

Or does anyone have any other ideas what this could be?

I was running on generator power when I tried to put it down, but service guy said it should still work...

Thanks so much, KIM

Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
you can try to find the fuse, which should be in your fuse panel near your Breaker panel, the fuses for your HOUSE items...

and, another idea is to simply cut OFF the 12v power(via the USE/STORE switch) at the door, and cut it back on in a few seconds...this will sometime help to 'reset' certain items.

Lastly, you can find your Schwintech CONTROLLER for the bunk, usually mounted in a cabinet next to the bed, or even in a false panel in the cabinet. The controller may be blinking some 'codes' you can use to help define the problem.

These systems generally will NOT work when: the key is in the ON position for the vehicle, or if the HOUSE batteries are dead, or too low.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Most obvious question first - does your bunk have a key and lock located somewhere near the monitor panel, and is the key turned on?

On my Vegas Controller's power distribution panel fuse #10 is for the power slide. There is no fuse on the controller for the bunk and I don't know if the power for the bunk feeds off the same wiring for the slide.

Don't know where the bunk controller is for your model but mine for the 2015 Vegas was in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. The left wall of that cabinet is false and the controller is located behind it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunk Controller.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	14639  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
On the 2016 Hurricanes the controller for the bunk is above the drivers head in the left most cabinet. The power usually comes from the 30 amp fuse for the other slides. It is located under the rear bed in the power center. Make sure the ignition key is out of the steering column and the bed inhibit key is in place and switched on; that should give you power to the controller
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #5

THOR #3855
thanks!

I am back on this again to try and fix.. thanks so much for your replies, I will work on this and let yall know what I am able to find.. as soon as it warms up a bit!! Thanks again very much! KIM
Old 02-13-2019, 01:29 AM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #13655
Curious to hear ur outcome
Old 02-18-2019, 01:08 AM   #7

State: Ohio
THOR #13297
My bunk bed over cab goes up faster on one side then the other. It then binds up and stops. The only way to get it to go all the way up if I push up on the slow side so they stay together.. ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?
Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 AM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsorka View Post
My bunk bed over cab goes up faster on one side then the other. It then binds up and stops. The only way to get it to go all the way up if I push up on the slow side so they stay together.. ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?
Did you try to sync the motors? That requires the motors to be run to their limits (full up or full down) and the switch held in that position for 3 to 5 seconds. If you cannot get the bed fully up or down you can override the controller (instructions are on LCI website). Lots of trouble shooting available on the LCI site, also.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #9

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Did you try to sync the motors? That requires the motors to be run to their limits (full up or full down) and the switch held in that position for 3 to 5 seconds. If you cannot get the bed fully up or down you can override the controller (instructions are on LCI website). Lots of trouble shooting available on the LCI site, also.
My Miramar 34.2 2015 had the same problem, so I took off the cover over the rails below the bed to find the motor gear was catching on a piece of vinyl covering in side the rail cover. I cut off the extra piece of vinyl so it could not get caught in the motor and realigned the 2 (L-R) elevation motors, now all is good.