Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #7902
No TV

I recently had my 29M in for service, and today is the first day I have tried to watch over the air TV.

I'm pretty sure the little green light on the antenna plate needs to be on for the over the air TV, but pushing the switch a few times has not worked. Every once in a while I get a little flash of green, but it won't stay on. It kinda looks like it's on in the picture, but that's from the flash.

Is there supposed to be something connected to this Jack? If so, where does it need to go?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180614_132016.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	10757  

Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
you may have a loose ground wire from your batteries, but also check the rear of this cover for a loose wire - it runs on 12v.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
There is a 5 amp fuse in a holder behind the panel. When you pull the panel - behind it you will find a coax and several 16 ga wires. The red wire has a fuse in it somewhere. The power wire on my coach comes from the hot side of the light switch for the kitchen under cabinet lights and that wire is fused by the interior light fuse at the power center.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #4

Brand: DRV
Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makerofsawdust View Post
Is there supposed to be something connected to this Jack? If so, where does it need to go?
Thanks.
OK, so this is usually referred to as a booster join-tenna / polyswitch in that it can merge two discrete inputs to generally 2 outputs.
Behind the wall there are connections for OTA, and perhaps park cable or external Sat. connection. There is also another feed to a (bedroom?) TV.
Amp ON enables the OTA booster. Off allows throughput of cable or Sat. to both TVs.

*The TV near this plate connects to the F-connector via coax, to the TVs F-coax (NTSC) connection. Other HD items may be using HDMI.

You'll need to, through ea. TVs setup menu, select source, TV/ OTA As opposed to HDMI. Then run a channel scan for each of these modes of operation (OTA or cable, source material).
Best of luck

Wingard type equivalent manual: (*May have optional 12VDC lighter plug)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2451486.pdf (340.7 KB, 94 views)
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #7902
OK, Here is what I foumd.

There is not a ground lug on my King Jack TV Antenna Power Injector. Ground is provided by the shield on the cables. All of the connectors on my assembly were loose. I mean real loose. Sloppy loose. I tightened them all up and now all is working. 12v line attaches to card, return/Ground line attaches to air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180614_142224.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	10764