Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FE22 (traded)
State: North Carolina
THOR #4681
Fresh Water Tank

I've got the FE22 and I was inspecting the water pump and tank for leaks and discovered that the tank was only strapped down with 1 (one) vinyl strap that runs from the outboard side of the coach and over towards the center of the coach. I noticed that the tank has what appears to be 3 cut out sections that I believe to be places to secure the tank to the coach but they are not being used. My question is this, if you've got over 300lb. of moving water in that tank, what keeps it from sliding? I believe they forgot something.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
I looked at mine, but it is positioned in a way that it can not slide, there are no tie downs on mine at all. But given where it is, I'd have to take so much apart to get it out anyway. Can yours really move anywhere? If it can, then take it back to where you bought it and ask them to secure it (if it's still new that is).
Old 10-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
My tank had an L bracket on inside edge at floor - and an aluminum square tube halfway up across the front...
The tank was behind cabinet doors screwed shut.

Of course I opened the doors - found the L bracket loose (screws pulled from floor) and the aluminum tube buckled in the middle....
Really couldn't have gone far while in motion - as just outside those cabinet doors is the living room slide in retracted position - but still could have made a mess of the cabinets...

Reseated the L bracket with longer screws into the floor - and bolted another aluminum bar to the existing one - feels much more secure...

We won't mention the vent line which popped from its fitting in the exterior wall - probably from shifting tank before I made my repair... discovered when we were filling the tank 'just in case' for Matthew... sigh... (hadn't filled it more than halfway anytime recently till then).
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #4

Model: FE22 (traded)
State: North Carolina
THOR #4681
Yosemitebob...Yeah it moves!!! the drain to the outside goes straight out of the tank and through the floor, maybe 2" to play with and then it's SNAP! I found all this out because a screw kept coming out of a corner of the piece of thin wood covering this access area. I've reached in and physically moved the tank back into place twice when it was empty. Thor actually called me back after I sent two emails about another issue but they called at a time I wasn't able to talk and that's been a week ago and no call back yet. I can see ME fixing this instead of waiting forever on CW!