Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 02:22 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #6809
Cool Outdoor Shower No Water

Our 2015 Vegas is new. On the first shakedown trip, all systems functioned properly, except the outside shower. There was neither hot nor cold water exiting that shower. I opened the panel under the bathroom shower to make sure the valve from the fresh water tank was open. Looked under the bathroom sink panel and can see the lines running to the outdoor shower, but no valve. We have water everywhere except the outdoor shower. City water pressure is good. I also tried the outdoor shower using the water pump but it was also fruitless. The shower head has an on-off lever. Tried that but no luck. Any suggestions?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Which Vegas model do you have?

Did you get the build diagrams from Thor to help out with tracing the problem?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Had-still have the same problem. A year or so ago, I pulled the faucet panel off the wall and found the hand hose kinked and the valves not wanting to open. No water would flow with either city hookup or pump. Not sure if the valves can be fixed or if I need new ones. IIRC, the valve knobs turn ok, but seem to be stuck closed or either there is a complete blockage on the inlets.
I never use the outside shower, so it is low on my repair list. I should probably get roundtoit soon though.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Since you are still under warrantee take it back to dealer. We had the same thing during our PDI in Aug 2015. Dealer found lines kinked and too short on rear of outdoor shower assembly. They replaced the entire outdoor shower assy and I've had no problems since.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010
I never use the outside shower, so it is low on my repair list. I should probably get roundtoit soon though.
Sure you're in FL! LOL

I use the outside shower every spring/fall to run water/antifreeze through the system when winterizing. I find it a little easier to let the outside shower run a while for flushing purposes--helpful when draining the fresh water tank without having to open the bed up to open the valves as well.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #6

THOR #6809
Best Solution

Will take it in for a checkup under warranty. If the lines are kinked, perhaps they'll be replaced. Thank you.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #7

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Hmmmm, haven't even tried ours. Guess I should while we are still within the first year.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #8

Model: Quantum
State: California
THOR #5173
No Water, then limited

Our water system failed completely on the road. Now we get water in the BR, but only if the cold water is turned on. Outside shower gets NO water. We contacted Thor, and they're suggesting a pinched hose somewhere, but we can't find it. Tried filling fresh tank, which says 1/3 full, but water comes pouring back out. (Rig in driveway, and it is not level right now). We have had nothing but problems with this rig so far!!! Horrible QC; no, NO QC!
Seal Beach, CA
Quantum2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #9

THOR #6809
Wow, a large problem stemming from a small defect (kinked hose). If it's still under warranty, let Thor do the work. If not, take a deep breath and look at your options.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #10

THOR #6809
Resolved...Perhaps

Took the Vegas in since it is still under warranty. They diagnosed it as a "faulty diverter." A diverter is techspeak for 'faucet.' They installed a new 'diverter.' I still have yet to review their work and remain cautious.

BTW one service advisor told me on the phone that warranty service authorizations can take up to six weeks to clear before an owner can retrieve the vehicle. Sounds like a bonehead fearplay to discourage an owner from their rights under a one-year warranty. If that's the case, I wonder if Thor would be willing to extend the warranty for the time the rig is in the shop.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:27 AM   #11

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Washington
THOR #7426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum2017 View Post
Our water system failed completely on the road. Now we get water in the BR, but only if the cold water is turned on. Outside shower gets NO water. We contacted Thor, and they're suggesting a pinched hose somewhere, but we can't find it. Tried filling fresh tank, which says 1/3 full, but water comes pouring back out. (Rig in driveway, and it is not level right now). We have had nothing but problems with this rig so far!!! Horrible QC; no, NO QC!

Maybe you should lean on your dealer you bought it from. You talk about QC from Thor but we all forget the dealer has responsibility in this too. To me, it failed both. The manufacturer and your dealer who gladly took your money and made a profit but I'm sure wants to point the finger instead of sharing the blame. A lesson to all when buying something. Take your time and make sure who you are buying from does a detailed walk through and provides you with a commissioning list. When we deliver a new boat, we spend two full days running through every single system to show the customer that it works and that we checked it. If it doesn't, they don't leave without it being fixed.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:36 AM   #12

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Washington
THOR #7426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaluigi View Post
Took the Vegas in since it is still under warranty. They diagnosed it as a "faulty diverter." A diverter is techspeak for 'faucet.' They installed a new 'diverter.' I still have yet to review their work and remain cautious.

BTW one service advisor told me on the phone that warranty service authorizations can take up to six weeks to clear before an owner can retrieve the vehicle. Sounds like a bonehead fearplay to discourage an owner from their rights under a one-year warranty. If that's the case, I wonder if Thor would be willing to extend the warranty for the time the rig is in the shop.

Let me get this right. The dealer who you bought the motorhome from wants you to keep your motorhome at their shop for six weeks while they wait for warranty authorization? What a joke and shame on the dealer for having such a poor business model. Make sure you say their name so others don't make a mistake and buy from these guys!

How about they fix it, document it properly, charge the manufacturer a reasonable rate and submit it for warranty without you waiting at all and involving you in their antics? If they don't like their policy for authorization, they shouldn't sell them! These dealers could sell ten times the amount they do now by customer referrals alone if they just TOOK CARE of the end customer. Always an excuse, just fix the problem! They need to start looking at these issues as an opportunity to gain a customer for life.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaluigi View Post

That dealer is giving you garbage. I have had two dealers do warrantee work on a Vegas and an Axis and I have never left my coach more than two days. Both dealers have gotten an authorization from Thor (one that day) and fixed the problems in one or two days at the most.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #14

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #7911
Use baby wipes...
Old 06-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #15

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
That dealer is pumping smoke you know where. I took my 2015 Vegas 24.1 in for warranty work about 5 different times while it was under warranty. My dealer had Thor authorization to repair the same day. 3 of the repairs were completed the same day. One took 3 days, and one was a week (had to wait for the factory to send a new windshield). I think the six weeks your dealer is quoting is based more on his shop's service throughput than than Thor's approval time.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote