Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Outlaw 29H side view camera fogging

I have a 2017 outlaw 29H and on a recent trip both side view cameras had moisture inside the lens that fogged over when the outside temperature warmed. I originally thought the moisture was on the outside of the lens but after cleaning the lens I discovered the fog was on the inside. I contacted Thor and they originally wanted me to take my rig to a dealer for warranty repair but I was able to get them to agree to send me replacement cameras. Thor informed me if I installed these cameras myself the warranty on the cameras would expire since they would not be installed by a dealer. I decided it was worth it not to have my rig sitting at a dealer for this type of repair. Anyone else having similar problems with the side view cameras?

Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #2

State: New York
THOR #9103
Unhappy 29H sideview camera fogging

Oldtymer: I have the same rig and last weekend the same thing happened to me rendering the camera's virtually useless. They cleared up over the weekend and were fine on the way home, but you and i both know its going to happen again. Next visit to dealer (2 hrs away) i will get this documented, and next time in, they will service it. What is your plan?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Since the cameras are sealed units fogging is rare but does happen, only remedy is replacement.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #4

State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Side View Cameras fogging

Thor is sending me replacement cameras under the warranty. I plan to replace them myself. As I mentioned, the only issue is that Thor will not honor any further warranty issues with these cameras if they are not installed by a dealer. The cameras should be sealed and waterproof which is a concern since both side view cameras had condensation inside the lenses. Hopefully, I will not have a problem with the replacements.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Another item to take a closer took at...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:10 AM   #6

State: Alabama
THOR #8896
Noticed that on mine, but assumed it was on the outside of the lenses....will double check next time...
Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #7

THOR #9103
Bama: that was my first thought also, but wasnt. Go Bama! My mother was born and raised in Ohatchee AL! ever hear of that little town.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #8

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: New Jersey
THOR #8445
My 2017 Outlaw 29h has exact same problem on both cameras. I couldn't get Thor to agree to sending me new cameras. Dealer bought for from 100 miles away. Closest warranty repair is a CW dealer that keeps rigs for weeks. I don't want to replace cameras myself because I think there's a problem either with the design or manufacture and I might get another faulty one. So I'll wait till end of season then let it sit @ CW instead of my driveway.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #9

THOR #8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarnut View Post
Bama: that was my first thought also, but wasnt. Go Bama! My mother was born and raised in Ohatchee AL! ever hear of that little town.
Ha..I am not too far from Ohatchee..up the road in Albertville......Confirmed that my cameras have the same isues...on the inside of the lenses....dont know if new ones will fix the issue....
Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #10

THOR #8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshowrv View Post
My 2017 Outlaw 29h has exact same problem on both cameras. I couldn't get Thor to agree to sending me new cameras. Dealer bought for from 100 miles away. Closest warranty repair is a CW dealer that keeps rigs for weeks. I don't want to replace cameras myself because I think there's a problem either with the design or manufacture and I might get another faulty one. So I'll wait till end of season then let it sit @ CW instead of my driveway.
I am thinking design problem also....my rear camera has no issues...but the two sides are basically useless with the moisture.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 AM   #11

State: British Columbia
THOR #13889
On test drive noticed the same fogging. Dealer took mine apart and cleaned them. Hope it doesn’t happen again.