Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Paint Match

Our 2015 ACE 30.1 Harmony has a small place on the rear bumper that needs some touch up paint. No dent, just a small place where the paint was scraped off. It is the harmony graphics model and when I called Thor they sent a color and decal chart. The chart shows the body as "453 Champagn" for the color code and the bumper is painted to match the body. I can't find any touch up paint this color even after contacting Duplicolor and another paint company that makes touch up paint. I sent an email to "Sikkens" the paint company Thor said makes their paint but haven't heard back from them yet. From their web site it appears they are located in maybe Finland. Anyone have any information on matching this paint? Thanks. Jim.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:33 AM   #2

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
go to an automotive paint store or body shop and have them match the color.if it is faded at all nothing is going to match.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:27 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31K
State: Florida
THOR #3520
Tigwelder is right. Any good automotive paint store will have a calibrated camera that they can use to get as close a match as the eye can see. When I used this service, my shop even gave me the paint in a spray can. I would call it a perfect match except one side of my MH is faded a bit more than the other.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
My Challenger has a label affixed to the inside of one kitchen cabinet door that has all of the Sikkens paint codes and colors used as well as the name of the shop that painted the coach.

This could be a different procedure for full body paint but you might check inside the cabinets to see if such a label exists in yours.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:10 PM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #22044
Yea I didn't find anything under any of the cabinet doors
Old 02-23-2021, 11:53 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I had our Toad painted to match the RV. The paint shop called in their paint expert, and her special camera. When it all was done: everything matched nicely!
Old 02-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #7

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
When I lost my fridge vent cover I needed to get the replacement painted to match. My coach (SOB) has paint codes but it turns out they used a commercial truck paint that the several shops I visited couldn’t get or use. They used one of those paint matching cameras and used their own paint. It’s close but not perfect. The white and the gray are just a bit too beige. But on the whole I’m happy with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	28704