Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #11013
Leaking Window

On our 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 the rear passenger side window leaks only during a hard downpour. It only leaks at bottom of window. It looks like the water is running off roof behind the rolled up canopy then down window. In looking at paper work from previous owner that window was replaced. Can’t get into service until 1st week of June. That’s crazy in itself. We do have the extended premium warranty on this but they can’t tell me if it’s covered until it is assessed. Thank you in advanced for any suggestions that we can do to hold us over until we get it in.
Djrmar6

Old 05-01-2019, 03:14 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, cheap first thing to try is clean out the weep holes along the outside bottom of the window(s) (if one window is plugged more are likely dirty too, so do them all when you can). Use a fine gauge thin metal wire and clean the tracks of all debris etc also. Attaching a Youtube video of someone doing this as an example. The next alternative is to recaulk where the window moulding trim meets the coach wall along the top and down the sides to make sure water does not enter from that region either.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:28 AM   #3

THOR #11013
Thanks. I did see this. Will be trying it as soon as our rain stops here in Illinois. And then will be checking the caulking also.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #4

THOR #11013
Well rain has finally stopped and the window leaked pretty bad. It’s above the passenger side of king bed. I don’t find drain holes in it. There isn’t trim around window like in video. Also the caulking is different than I’ve seen in past. It’s black rubbery caulking.

We’ve taken boards under bed out to dry. We will caulk the window to see that helps but does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks for any help. Closest repair shop is 2 hours away and can’t get in for a month. Then usually when they do get it they have it for 2 or 3 weeks. Never an easy process. So trying to learn and do as much as we can.
I tried to figure how to attach a picture of window but couldn’t figure it out.