Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #14380
AXXERA Multimedia Question

On my Miramar 34.2, there is a center consol/screen for the radio, audio, rear camera, etc (Axxera AV615BHM). Everything on the panel is dead, the power button does nothing. I am thinking this is the fuse, but in looking at all the fuse panels I can't find anything looking like it is THE fuse. And, of course, the manuals tell me nothing.

Does anybody have an idea where the fuse is, or any ideas what is wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Exclamation

I have the same issue. Try the little almost-invisible reset button. On mine it's at the very top of the bezel just to the right of the mode button. Press it with a toothpick or other pointy object and see if it comes back to life like mine did.

But there's an obvious underlying problem, because I have to reset it every time I switch from shore power to DC or vise versa. It's on a list of items to be addressed when I take it to the dealer next week.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Is your USE/STORE switch in USE? No voltage on the house DC buss equals no radio.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #4

THOR #14380
popfla, thanks for the idea. I will try the reset button tomorrow. I will bring a toothpick!!

You would think this would be mentioned in the instruction book.....but it is not. Hmmm.

Will let you know, Jim
Old 03-08-2019, 01:46 AM   #5

THOR #14543
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
You would think this would be mentioned in the instruction book.....but it is not. Hmmm.

Will let you know, Jim
Gotta love Google, YouTube, and the wealth of knowledge among the good folks on this site.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #6

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
We have an 17 ACE so I’m not sure if the fuse panel setup is the same. Had a power issue affecting the radio and couldn’t find a blown fuse in the panel on the driver’s side near the parking brake. Desperate to find a fuse, I looked more closely around that driver’s side fuse panel and found yet another fuse panel tucked above the one I had checked. And in that one was a blown 5A that provided power to the radio. May want to see if there is indeed another panel higher in the dash.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #13370
My Axxera also has a small glass 5amp fuse in the power wire at the rear of the
unit. Mine was ok but if you can get to it, that could be the problem.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:00 AM   #8

THOR #14380
flipper003, thanks. I am not sure how to pull the Axxera unit out of the dash. Does anybody know? But, yes, I would think there is an in-line fuse for the radio, etc. Getting to it is the issue.

I have checked all 12 v fuse panels (two) that I can see and can't find a fuse. Well, I will try popfla's reset idea tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #9

THOR #13370
Analoguy - on my Thor Axis, all I had to do was take 2 screws off a panel above and to the rear of the radio. Take off the rubber pad on top, remove the 2 screws,
and lift and slide the panel towards the front of RV - should come right out. Then
you get a bird's eye view of all the wiring crammed in there (plenty). If you look
at the rear of the unit lower left, there is a black plug-in wire which is the power.
Trace away from the radio and you will find the fuse in a small black cylinder. It
unscrews and there is a small 5 amp fuse inside. Mine was ok. Once I got the
RV out of garage for a short test run my wife got the thing working. She had to press and hold for several seconds for the thing to turn on - I was just pressing
and releasing like one would normally do. Go figure and good luck. Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #10

THOR #14380
Popfla,
Thanks a million. I tried to find the "reset" button on the Axxera panel. I just kept looking and I couldn't see it. Finally, I used a flashlight to see it. On mine, it is in the lower left corner of the bezel. Well, it turns out this is the key to everything. You get the smallest tool you can find and push in the pin sized hole for a second, then the unit comes to life!! Amazing. The only thing I have similar to this is resetting my Kindle.....a far distance from an RV sound system.

Thanks to Popfla and all the others who had an opinion . That is what makes this site so great.....we have all been there.

I still don't know the answer to the other queston: exactly where is the radio fuse? I did find a 5 amp fuse labled "rear vision" down under the steering wheel in the fuse box.
I spent hours trying to figure this out and it reconfirms my original impression: With a decent user manual, 90 pct of these problems would go away. But, it is what it is.

Happy roads to all, Jim
Old 03-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #11

THOR #13370
Analoguy - the 5 amp fuse to the radio unit itself is in the power wire to the unit, not in the fuse box. On mine it was about 4" - 5" from the unit.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #12

THOR #14543
Cool

Quote:
Finally, I used a flashlight to see it. On mine, it is in the lower left corner of the bezel.
I had to use a flashlight, too. You'd think they would have put the reset in the same general area across all models. But I guess that would be too logical.

Glad it worked for you!
Old 03-10-2019, 02:48 AM   #13

State: Illinois
THOR #4001
Quote:
On my Miramar 34.2, there is a center consol/screen for the radio, audio, rear camera, etc (Axxera AV615BHM). Everything on the panel is dead, the power button does nothing. I am thinking this is the fuse, but in looking at all the fuse panels I can't find anything looking like it is THE fuse. And, of course, the manuals tell me nothing.

Thanks in advance.

If you look on your radio there is stony reset hole you have to push with a paper clip that is at least what happened to me I didn’t see the reset til I called Thor and they made me aware of it
Old 03-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #14

THOR #14380
rgriffis52: Yes, thanks for the comment on the "reset" hole. That was the key. MY only question to Thor: Why isn't such a basic thing in the instruction book? Of course this is just like all the other stuff, so nothing unusual, Ha.

Jim
Old 03-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #15

State: Mississippi
THOR #14132
jmcclain

On my 2019 Challenger we where on the first trip out and it would be working and then go off, we would have to reset it with paper clip. I had my wife do it while we driving down the road. When we had to reset we had to pair the blue tooth each time. We probably did it about 40 times. I called Thor and they sent me a new unit to my house and it was there waiting on me when I got back home. It really simple to swap them out.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #16

THOR #8387
I had the same problem. Tech had me reset it with the teeny button, and bingo. All set.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #17

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Virginia
THOR #14644
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
How do I turn ON the Rear Camera.
I have an axxera AVM80 radio
Old 03-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #18

THOR #8387
(888) 433-6486 This is the tech support #. They are great.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #19

THOR #13370
Not exactly sure on yours, but I believe most of these will turn on the rear camera only when you put it in reverse. Supposedly for "safety" reasons. Some have been able to reconfigure the wiring to be able to turn it on when wanted.
Hope this helps. If it doesn't turn on when it is in reverse, then something in the wiring or the camera is not right. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #20

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2dawg View Post
How do I turn ON the Rear Camera.
I have an axxera AVM80 radio

On your menu or source screen there should be a button for “camera” (I.e. along with buttons for radio disc, phone etc.). Pushing it should give you the rear view all the time. I usually drive with my rear camera selected so I can keep an eye on my cargo carrier or toad as well as the car behind me. I angled my camera view up a bit higher then stock.

You can download the Axxera manual on line and it can be helpful.