Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2019, 12:57 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Is it possible to flip a camera image?

I set up my 24.1 with a new monitor which can display one to four cameras at the same time. Everything is working properly except for one detail: the side mirror cameras (#2 and #3) show up flipped in the wrong direction. This is REALLY disconcerting, as you might imagine, especially if you see the car going in the proper direction on camera 1, but the opposite direction in the other two!

The monitor settings allow me to flip the image vertically and horizontally, but it is a GLOBAL setting, meaning it applies to ALL cameras equally, not one by one. So, if I flip the image, #2 and #3 are now correct, but my main rear-view camera is wrong.

This is what I see in my right side mirror:

This is what I see in my right side camera:

Does anyone know if there is a hardware option that would allow me to mirror a camera input? I would only need one, as I could change the global setting and simply put the fix on camera #1.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #2

State: New York
THOR #12822
Some cameras have an extra wire that gets tied to ground to swap the image, not sure how it is with your system though.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #3

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith14469 View Post
Some cameras have an extra wire that gets tied to ground to swap the image, not sure how it is with your system though.
YIKES!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin with finding that one! Thanks, though. I appreciate the help.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
When we had a trailer, I installed a camera on the back and mounted a monitor in the tow vehicle. The monitor we had allowed you to flip the input on an input channel by input channel basis. Whether you can do this with your monitor depends upon what that particular monitor can do.

This is the one I had

https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Monito...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #5

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith14469 View Post
However, you just caused me to have an epiphany! When you said that, I realized that maybe, just maybe, the monitor manufacturer was automatically switching camera 1, as it knows this is customarily the backup camera. I ran out to my RV and switched the camera 1 input cable over to the camera 4 monitor cable and POW, it was reversed! Then, I went to the settings for the monitor, flipped them all and they all look like they should!!!

It's not a perfect solution, as I now can't see the three cameras all at once as I initially intended but at least when I change cameras, I won't have to see things backwards!
Old 09-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #6

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
When we had a trailer, I installed a camera on the back and mounted a monitor in the tow vehicle. The monitor we had allowed you to flip the input on an input channel by input channel basis. Whether you can do this with your monitor depends upon what that particular monitor can do.

This is the one I had

https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Monito...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Apparently, this one cannot do so. The seller (in limited English) could not grasp what I was trying to do. Either way, I've found a solution that is adequate for now. Thanks for the link!