Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 32vs
State: Arizona
THOR #373
No joy, I still can't figue out the wiring. I contacted Thor last night, got someone else, and they sent me the complete wiring diagram! I hope to solve the issue this weekend.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #22

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Keep us posted, good luck.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #23

THOR #373
Will do
Old 08-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #24

THOR #373
OK I give up I have checked everything short of ripping apart the dashboard wiring diagram or not I just cannot follow the wires I took the seat out to give me better access underneath the dash to no avail when I get home from my next trip I will schedule a dealer appointment I thank you all for your help please do not hesitate to ask me if you need help
Old 08-12-2018, 10:35 PM   #25

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Not to extend your pain bill5h, but perhaps looking at one specific failed item and fixing that one item will help resolve the other items (assuming some common failure issue – like an open +12v or a ground or connector even)? Looking back on your original post you said the emergency start ( or aux start) does not work. So I assume that means no aux relay operation clunk noise when you operate the aux start switch. Based on the 2014 diagram I posted previously can you tell if your coach uses the Bird battery control system to control the emergency (aux) start solenoid? If yes, can you confirm the 12v and ground and aux switch connections on that one system and determine where the circuit is failing. I suggest that system since the parts are large and usually accessible for testing etc. Basic Bird schematic is attached. The coach battery 12v should pass through the aux start switch at the driver’s seat and operate the aux relay through the 5 amp fuse to ground. If the aux switch wiring is not closing to allow 12v to get to the aux relay operate terminals then it might be a bad dash/firewall connector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIRD Basic Schematic.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	12194  
Old 08-12-2018, 11:23 PM   #26

THOR #373
javelin,
I did check the aux start and I was wrong, it seems fine, THor provided me with BBC manual. it did test ok. I just can't seem to follow the wires into the dash.
all the fuses check fine, I can follow the ones under the hood, but once they go under the dash i am done for. I leave for a trip in 2 days and don't want to mess anything else up. I am usually able to do just about anything give the proper documents, I don't know what else Thor could have sent me, but I am at a loss.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Batt Control Center, Intellitec, single disconnect, Manual.pdf (640.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf CH32VS Electrical layout.pdf (1.24 MB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf CH32VS Right Side.pdf (97.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf CH32VS Left side.pdf (101.6 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #27

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I m sure you are very frustrated especially with impending trip fast approaching. The one schematic you posted for the whole coach is very small and impossible to read, but I find the Thor one line diagrams not particularly useful anyway......want you to go to a dealer of course. Since your aux start is actually working the other approach is to list all the systems that are not working when engine is running and coach and chassis switches are on. Maybe there is some common electrical connector/connection that would account for that group failure. It would be nice to have a fully documented schematic but not many of us has that.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:53 AM   #28

THOR #373
I wrote Thor back, and the campground I am going to has a pretty good mobile tech. Let me see what they have say and if I have to I’ll have another run at it