Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
Wheel Estate repairs.

Some Thor owners question why some of us are not happy or making nice comments about Thor lack of CS-QC or repairs on our RV's.

We brought our because of the floor plan, driving etc & great deal and how the Thor & the Dealer talked up the wonderful CS & QC getting repairs done and how you will be happy with the RV. We are not complainers about much and we know that not everything is perfect, but when you spend lot of money and as much or more than a house in some states you expect to be able to use your Motorhome.

Update on repairs of slideouts. Here we sit since Nov 2 a call to 24/7 tech at Thor to get our slideouts in to leave this park. A mobile service come on Tue 4, spent 4hrs with the tech, broke a switch, still no idea why slideouts do not work. Had to order a new switch . The Tech called to see how things were going, told him no part yet. He said I will check on the delivery & call you right back. This is Thur & no call back. I had to call the repair shop on Wed to see what the problem was and said Mon 9 a new switch came in, Thor sent the wrong one, overnite another one it was wrong too Does THor not know its product? We have not heard one word about this problem from Thor CS. We need to leave in a week, we are not full timers and have jobs. I'am sorry but so far the Dealer and Thor suck and have dropped the ball many times in 3 1/2 months trying to get things repaired. We are doing a lot of what we can our selves.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Thumbs down

Do not worry, I doubt anyone here thinks of you as complainers.

I too have a brand new 2015 Thor motorhome (Hurricane 34 J) and have been very busy fixing things since buying it 3 and 1/2 weeks ago. They are slapped together by people who are simply punching a clock and have no pride in their workmanship at all. I remember during the recession seeing TV commercials with President Obama speaking of how bad Elkhart, Indiana was affected by the recession. I realize the reason for this, but the fact that there seems to be no quality coming from that town, definitely does not help. I spent almost 100 grand for this POS motorhome. I tell people all the time, if the Asians start making motorhomes, I will be in the front of the line. Made in USA really seems to be lacking quality nowadays!