Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #11708
Putting Damon Intruder into park??

Another question I have not been able to find the answer to. In the Damon Intruder 2001 manual, it talks about two ways of going into park.

One way is like on most cars, you press the pedal and to release it you pull on the release underneath the dash.

It also mentions, however, on the Damon you can put it into park with the gear shift, and then press the “yellow“ knob on the dash. I cannot find any yellow knob on the dash.

There is a small “caveat” which “refers” to the chassis model indirectly. Perhaps the model 349 doesn’t have the yellow knob?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

Old 08-25-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I assume you are referring the Ford gas engine/transmission?

if so, what 'yellow' knob would this be referring to? The only one I know about is for diesel air brakes - pulling the knob is akin to setting you in Park, or applying the Parking Brake, since there is not typically a 'Park' setting for vehicles with air brakes, at least the Cummins engine/Allison transmissions with a Digital Transmission Shifter pad often found in most all diesel Motorhomes.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #3

THOR #11708
The manual is not specific in any way as to what model they are referring to. It may be its just the diesel. I was hoping someone could clarify it. We have only owned the Damon for a few weeks, so I’m still learning the ins and outs myself.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
if it's a gas model, then no, you won't have any 'yellow' park or air brakes knob, you'll have a Park with the column shifter, and a typical 'Parking brake' that you push with your left foot, just as in most older cars and trucks, and release with a pull handle.

also, with diesel air brakes, you PULL the yellow knob to put it into 'park', of sorts, and PULL to release it... maybe they had two different versions of the Intruder - gas or diesel : )
Old 08-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #5

THOR #11708
��
Thanks