Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #11425
Radio fuse location

Hey all,

2014 Hurricane 34E in the middle of replacing the radio. Apparently, I blew the radio fuse and I can't locate it to replace it. Anybody have any ideas where it is? (And I'm really hoping that it's not among the fuses in the engine compartment. I don't easily bend that way.)

Bonus question- I wanted to test the new radio so I connected the hot side of the switch used to turn the light on the cab ceiling on. Promptly blew that fuse also and cannot find it either. I think I'll stop now.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
In my 42 year Air Force career I spent about half of it in nuclear weapon maintenance. We always were on the lookout for the guy who went around saying, "Hmmmm, wonder what this does."
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
The fuse for my radio was located on the back of the radio. The only way to get to it was to pull the radio. Hope this is not your case.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I think the 2013 Thor Hurricane used the RV Custom Products BCC and a Google search for 2014 Hurricane BCC brought up a PDF manual that in the electrical chapter shows that same BCC again (not sure if that is accurate though). If it is true that you have this version BCC then it is located in the engine compartment and there are 2 radio fuses in that BCC cabinet (one for radio memory and one for the radio). I suspect your ceiling light fuses may be in the coach DC fuse panel......the Google 2014 Hurricane search also showed the ceiling light fuse too......but again it could be a mislabelled manual on line also. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #5

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
I also had fat fingers when I was working on my class c. If your radio was wired were the use , store switch killed it then it's wired to the coach batteries. The ignition lead is a fuse in the coach fuse panel. Should be labeled. The keep alive wire on mine was wired to the battery side of the use,store relay via a inline fuse. That relay was mounted behind the coach fuse panel.
I had no help from Thor tech support. So hours were spent tracing. Which I found five other unlabeled in line fuse holders!