Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #13377
1999 Thor Windsport running lights

Hi all,
I have a 1999 Thor Windsport 37ft with the triton v10 and basically Ford everything. My issue is the running lights and dash lights are not coming on. I got this rv 3rd hand so the owners manual is long gone ive email thor and tried to search for a wiring diagram to no avail. My headlights seem to work fine they come on as soon as I crank it up but i lost running and dash lights. Its happened once before and out of nowhere they started working again. Ive checked every fuse I can find on it under the hood and under the dash. Ive checked every relay under the hood and checked the headlight swith and everything seems to be working I dont know if like the f350s of the same year there is a relay hidden deep in the dash hopefully someone here will have a diagram of the headlight circuit or an idea where else to look. It kind of puts me in a bind as well I'm supposed to be leaving for tour with it in two weeks. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Finding wiring schematics is difficult for everyone from Thor and the manuals Thor issues with a new coach are pretty generic functional operating manuals at best. Ford schematics are available from Ford for a price of course. You said your headlights come on when you start the coach........running lights only perhaps? What about when you turn on the headlight switch.......do they get brighter; high beams work? No dash or running lights ......are you sure the headlight switch is working correctly? Sometimes there is a dimmer switch for the dash lighting.....is it off?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #13377
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Finding wiring schematics is difficult for everyone from Thor and the manuals Thor issues with a new coach are pretty generic functional operating manuals at best. Ford schematics are available from Ford for a price of course. You said your headlights come on when you start the coach........running lights only perhaps? What about when you turn on the headlight switch.......do they get brighter; high beams work? No dash or running lights ......are you sure the headlight switch is working correctly? Sometimes there is a dimmer switch for the dash lighting.....is it off?

I figured fonding thw right schematic would be like pulling teeth. The highbeams do work but the headlight switch itself will only work the dimmer partially. All i can get it to do is turn on the map lights when I roll it all the way up and it clicks it wont affect the cluster lights. Ive got a new switch on it's way hopefully it's that simple but what gets me it with the switch completely unplugged I still have headlights. As far as the headlights being running lights we i got it they didnt function as drls i had to manually turn them on for any lights to come on.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I did some stumbling around on the net and there may be some good info for you on the attached hyperlink, with some older partial schematics (2001 F53). They may not be of much help but it might be a start. If you scroll down the link page there is also another link to a 1999 F53.....which may or may not be of value.

No low beams headlights F53 1999 - iRV2 Forums

Odd that you say when the headlight switch is disconnected you still get headlights? A previous owner doing some fixin' perhaps?