Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Bathroom Counter top loose from wall

Fairly minor problem with the half bath counter top being loose from the wall. When they built the unit they put 3 screws into the 3/4x3/4 block under the top. Those only hit the wall board and just spin so tightening isn't working.
Being the bright guy I am, I ran out and got a couple toggle bolts small enough to fit thru the 3/4 block. Drilled the 3/4 block and of course had to make a plate to cover the block and drill a small hole for the toggle bolt itself. I got the large holes drilled, installed the toggles drew the bolts tight and the toggle fell apart.
I forgot that these things have foam instead of fiberglass so the toggle didn't open up.
So I need an idea what to do next. I'm thinking about shooting some gorilla glue into the foam/wall board with a wooden peg, let dry and screw the thing together. Hopping for a better idea.
Any ideas how to get the foam cleaned out behind the wall board, see the drawing I need the area between the dotted lines
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windsport 34 E.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	17892  

Old 06-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I say use some toothpicks and wood glue. If the Gorilla glue drips you have a big mess you cant get rid of, wood glue you can wipe it up within the first hour or two and your fine.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Liquid Nails...thick, doesn't run and will stick the stink to crap. Use a caulking gun and shoot a little between the surfaces. It will never come off again.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Liquid nails yuck. I love that it works, hate that I seem to have it on my hands for a week or two after using it no matter how careful I am.

The problem I have it that there is only an 1/8 or less between the wall and counter top so I really need something to pull them together hence the toggle bolt.
I need a way to clear the foam insulation from around the inside of the hole between the outside wall and the wall board so the toggle will open.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
The "winged plastic" or "hollow wall" anchors should work. They should pull themselves through what little styrofoam they encounter.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote