Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Really!

Was just reading the post by Idlarimore293 that basically asked the question, "Where is the F/W Drain Valve located in my 29.3". I hope you would agree this is a pretty straightforward question. Imagine for a moment if there was one answer from someone that knew that said, "In the bay where the shower is located", and even a picture showing it. Hard to imagine eh! Instead there are 21 posts that range from how to drain the tank, to pink antifreeze, to JoeyAllen thrashing CW and then The Happy travelers jumping on the CW comment. You know how many posts there are on here asking this same question about the F/W drain on different models and how many more there will be. Instead of finding the answer we have to weed through a bunch of, "I think", "well on mine".
Not helpful! It causes further frustration and a lot of wasted time looking all over the place for something that isn't there. I get a lot of good info off here but it sure gets frustrating wading through mountains of posts to find it. I'm reasonably sure that each and every one of you would like to be able to do a search on something your having a problem with and find an answer without the garbage. If you want to thrash CW, provide instructions on winterizing or give your opinion on who the next president will be there's a button called New Post.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I understand your frustration getting maybe or whatever answers to a simple question! People mean well and are trying to help. Call the Thor Customer Care line at 877-855-2867. You will probably have to leave a message but they will call back, this is a 24/7 service, hopefully you will get a correct answer from them.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Was just reading the post by Idlarimore293 that basically asked the question, "Where is the F/W Drain Valve located in my 29.3". I hope you would agree this is a pretty straightforward question. Imagine for a moment if there was one answer from someone that knew that said, "In the bay where the shower is located", and even a picture showing it. Hard to imagine eh! Instead there are 21 posts that range from how to drain the tank, to pink antifreeze, to JoeyAllen thrashing CW and then The Happy travelers jumping on the CW comment. You know how many posts there are on here asking this same question about the F/W drain on different models and how many more there will be. Instead of finding the answer we have to weed through a bunch of, "I think", "well on mine".
Not helpful! It causes further frustration and a lot of wasted time looking all over the place for something that isn't there. I get a lot of good info off here but it sure gets frustrating wading through mountains of posts to find it. I'm reasonably sure that each and every one of you would like to be able to do a search on something your having a problem with and find an answer without the garbage. If you want to thrash CW, provide instructions on winterizing or give your opinion on who the next president will be there's a button called New Post.

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I understand your frustration getting maybe or whatever answers to a simple question! People mean well and are trying to help. Call the Thor Customer Care line at 877-855-2867. You will probably have to leave a message but they will call back, this is a 24/7 service, hopefully you will get a correct answer from them.
You provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked. It was not his question about the drain, just using that as an example.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Everybody take a breath!

It might be that there are no active 29.3 owners on the forum at this time. You got 21 people trying to help, but apparently no one with that exact unit.

Actually, the best suggestion so far was to call Thor. They sent me schematics on my specific unit by serial # on request.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #6

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
You provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked. It was not his question about the drain, just using that as an example.
That was not my intent, it was worded wrong because I was typing and talking to someone at the same time. I understood the post, obviously I can't multitask well anymore.

My intent was to say that rather than fooling around with answers that don't pertain owners should just call Thor and get the answer straight from them.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
That was not my intent, it was worded wrong because I was typing and talking to someone at the same time. I understood the post, obviously I can't multitask well anymore.

My intent was to say that rather than fooling around with answers that don't pertain owners should just call Thor and get the answer straight from them.
And that is certainly an option, but as many Thor owners have discovered, they sometimes get more accurate information from people on this forum that have the same coach, then they do from the phone answerer at Thor. After all, isn't the purpose of this (or any forum) to share information? I think the OP was just venting his frustration with posts that do not add to the discussion of a particular issue with a particular coach, or with answers that are just outright incorrect.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #8

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Thor293 put a lot of effort into answering the direct question.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...tion-1378.html

Unfortunately, the one hit wonder OP never returned to verify the advice as good or bad. All was good, IMO, until the revival 2 years later. And this thread has nothing to do with the direct maint/repair of our RVs, should be moved.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #9

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
I think this is a perspective issue....

for many of us, this is "sitting around the campfire" having a chat. Conversation drifts and flows...sometimes good and positive, and sometimes negative and bad. This can be useful, helpful, sometimes annoying or frustrating, and sometimes entertaining and fun.

The other perspective which I think is what you are suggesting, is that this forum is more of a reference / resource......question, answer, done....very searchable, very clean, very useful and helpful
Old 08-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

for many of us, this is "sitting around the campfire" having a chat. Conversation drifts and flows...sometimes good and positive, and sometimes negative and bad. This can be useful, helpful, sometimes annoying or frustrating, and sometimes entertaining and fun.

The other perspective which I think is what you are suggesting, is that this forum is more of a reference / resource......question, answer, done....very searchable, very clean, very useful and helpful

You're exactly correct. It's difficult to have both simultaneously, and if posting is sensored to benefit one need it will come at expense of the other.

He makes a valid point for very objective information, but the reality of this forum is that many questions and answers are extremely subjective.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #11

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

You have made some very excellent points! To be honest I never thought of the forum in the "sitting around the campfire" manner but you are absolutely correct in my opinion. Thank You for sharing your perspective!!!