Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Axis Wiper Arm Replacement

I believe one of my wiper arms is worn out on my 2014 Axis. They are both rusty so I may just go ahead and replace both of them. I contacted Thor which gave me part number ( Thor part number 0298218), but said I should work through a local Thor dealer to order the parts. I was hopeful that it may be easier than that. Has anyone figured out the year, make, and model of the vehicle that uses the same wiper arms? I am been trying but can't quite get a match. Would much rather order these online or go to local auto parts store.

Aims 1200w pure sine inverter (non GFCI circuit)| Sumo Springs Front| Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer| ARC shower rod| Vent Covers| EL120100C Battery Monitor| Progressive Surge Protector-Portable| Yamaha XT 225 on hitch carrier
tjyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi you could try these guys.....link below.....in Washington state. I think they actually manufacture wiper systems and parts and may even be suppliers to the RV and other vehicle builder industries. Somewhere on this forum I think others have had wiper arms made by these folks. But this is not the kind of “work” you wanted to go through from your comments.

If your old wiper arms are still structurally strong and not cracked or bent, why not try to refinish them yourself or have a shop powder coat them? Failing that I will be surprised if any regular auto retailers would have specific RV wiper arms stocked.....but never say never.

https://www.amequipment.com/home
Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Thanks for the idea. I seem to remember, buried in a forum or a facebook group, that someone figured out what truck make model and year used the same wiper arms, but I'll be darned if I can find it. That was what I was hoping for. This started from a problem this winter where the snow and ice pushed down on the wiper arm and caused a problem with the mechanism. It didn't take too much to get things straightened out, but the result is that my passenger side does not wipe through the center third of its path. This is not a deal breaker since I can still see and we use rainx. Just annoying. The arms are rough looking enough that I was thinking I would just replace them both as the first place to start working through this fix.
Aims 1200w pure sine inverter (non GFCI circuit)| Sumo Springs Front| Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer| ARC shower rod| Vent Covers| EL120100C Battery Monitor| Progressive Surge Protector-Portable| Yamaha XT 225 on hitch carrier
tjyap is offline   Reply With Quote