Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12903
Rear window leak on a 2015 Vegas 24.1

Was driving in a rain storm yesterday for several miles. When I went to bed I found the head of my mattress wet. This is the first trip in the rain and was wondering if the frameless windows can leak easily?? Of course my hubbie's side of the bed was dry. Also, we cant seem to figure out how to turn the light under the overhead bunk on???

Old 10-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
The light under the bunk: there are 5 rocker switches in the dash area. The one on the right is labeled "cab light". That will turn your light on (the switch on the light itself has to be on, of course)

Sorry I can't help with the winfow leak.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site.

I would highly suspect the tail lights. Take them off and see if there is any water in there (that rear window rarely leaks but that doesn't mean it can't). The tail lights have a cheap foam gasket that deteriorates over time--first place I would look.

Did you feel along the wall to see if it was wet above your pillow along the wall (like if the window was leaking)? Since that is at the very rear of the coach I'd suspect that the water is either coming in from the tail lights or coming up from somewhere.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 PM   #4

THOR #12903
Thanks for the info. We did have the backup light changed recently on that side so it probably is the taillight that needs a new gasket. Love this forum. We are new to the Vegas and purchased it used with 15,000 miles. Only on our 2nd trip. Our first trip out it had to be towed home because of a misfire in one of the cylinder. Now this. Wish we still had our 98 Winnebago Adventurer back that we sold about 6 years ago. Bought it used too and never had a problem with it...
Old 10-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #5711
We had a similar leak in our 2017 Vegas. I found the source to be on the rear roof seam above the window. It was easily fixed with some sealer.
Lagrandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Washington
THOR #21460
Same issue on 2018 Thor Freedom Elite

Curious to see if you are still experiencing this issue as it sounds very similar to what we have been dealing with for a while in our Freedom Elite we purchased last year. It’s only happening on the right side of the bed (looking at it) we’ve resealed the lights on the back and around the window and it’s still happening. The wall is also wet under the window, it’s very secluded to the bottom corner of that window though. Hard to tell where it’s coming from.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #7

THOR #12903
Found it was a roof seam leaking fixed with sealer.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #8

State: Missouri
THOR #5711
Rear window leak

The source of the leak was actually the rear roof seam above the window. We sealed it with clear flex seal spray and touch it up every year or so. It has stopped the leak.