Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Remove wall mount TV's Compass

The tuners in these Seiki tv aren't up to fiber optic channels so I thought I'd just swap them out with my home models. It's so tight to the wall I can barely get my fat fingers behind it? Does it slide up? A YouTube video would be great. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Not sure how yours are mounted, mine had spring loaded latches on each side at the bottom. Release the latches, tilt up the bottom, and then lift straight up to disengage the top pins.

Read this before you buy a new tv: TV Compatibility Reference Guide | Information Technology | Drexel University
Old 06-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey
The tuners in these Seiki tv aren't up to fiber optic channels
"fiber optic channels"? At the point of the RV all cable systems are copper. The cable system may run fiber to the campground but then its converted to copper for distribution (typically in neighborhoods fiber is run to clusters of homes and then converted to copper for the last run; the cluster sizes are around 50 houses or so). Even then fiber is usually only used for internet (and streaming TV like Xfinity's new system or Wide Open West's "Ultra TV" system).

I think you mean QAM. QAM is an encoding method that the cable systems use for transmitting the channels.

Ok pedant mode off LOL.

On our Axis there is a piece of trim on the bottom of the TV cabinet that pops off--its held on with the same thing used to keep the drawers closed. Popping the trim piece off gives easy access to the latches SuperD is talking about.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Not sure how yours are mounted, mine had spring loaded latches on each side at the bottom. Release the latches, tilt up the bottom, and then lift straight up to disengage the top pins.

Read this before you buy a new tv: TV Compatibility Reference Guide | Information Technology | Drexel University

Yes QMA is the issue. I was really annoyed when at WDW in the best and most expensive RV park in the world, with a zillion cable channels, and I got a blank screen. The tech guy pulled up in a golf cart, saw Thor, and said, "Seiki right"? Since then I've only had a problem with fiber provided cable in 2 other parks. I'm going to swap the Seiki's with my home TVs. The picture is great, but why not have all the channels?