Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #2540
removing my whirlpool refridgerator for repair

I have a Thor Tuscany 40 EX (2014), and the inlet valve on my Whirlpool refrigerator is busted (probably from freezing). I have the water valve to the tubing closed and I am trying to slide out my refrigerator so I can confirm that is where the water is leaking from and repair it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to slide out of place. There are tie downs on the top but don't see anything on the bottom. There is plenty of room to slide it out and work on it once both opposing slides are out in the coach. Just cant get it to budge. Anyone know where the bottom is attached?

Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
My 2015 Tuscany 40DX has the Whirlpool fridge. I had to remove it and found about 3 screws along the bottom front. As I remember these are machine screws not the typical wood type elsewhere? May have had to remove the wood trim I don't recall?
Old 10-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
I have a access door out the outside of mine it looks like a fuel door kinda and I opened it and the valve for the ice maker and water is right inside.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #4

THOR #2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy99 View Post
My 2015 Tuscany 40DX has the Whirlpool fridge. I had to remove it and found about 3 screws along the bottom front. As I remember these are machine screws not the typical wood type elsewhere? May have had to remove the wood trim I don't recall?
yes there is wood trim below which I removed but still could not see anything under that would hold it down.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #5

THOR #2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
I have a access door out the outside of mine it looks like a fuel door kinda and I opened it and the valve for the ice maker and water is right inside.
yes I have the access door to but cannot get to the icemaker valve. I can feel the water running out but can't see it to remove it.